The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I was on the NT too and it looked like a clear dive.
He was outmuscled and in the end went down - not really a dive. And definitely booked for his ridiculous reaction (it was never a foul and yet he lost the plot).

The defence was wide open tonight, with geggan being particularly susceptible. Harvie competed well but the makeshift centre half pairing definitely did not work. I thought we looked outstanding in the first twenty minutes but after that county got control and never really let us back in it until the death.

Cadden was outstanding early on and then posted missing. Not much from mcdaid.

After a bright opening that was men against boys.

50 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Yeah, playing left backs at centre half and right backs at left back not so much though.

Unfortunately our patched up defence wasn’t able to handle the County frontline. We were missing 3 out of our 4 centre halves. (Muirhead and Geggan also were not 100%) I thought we looked good in the first half, certainly the best we’ve looked this year.

46 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

That went well..

See above.

Always refreshing to get pumped off a village team. Saves us getting too excited about anything.

Thought we weren't too bad though. Some bright spots and obviously not our strongest side. I do like Crawford and Murdoch together in midfield. Wouldn't object to having doc or kerr sitting behind them with one up front against strong opponents.

Really make shift team so didn’t expect a result, so was Shankland and Rose dropped /rested, agree with Djaffo for once Harvie did well but did Muirhead actually win a header all night. Moffat absolutely away based on that performance absolute p—- young boy ran himself into the ground and got no support from Moffat,  All there goals were down to bad mistakes from Ayr players don’t think we’ll win many more games, all or nothing in the play offs it is then not hopefull

Really make shift team so didn’t expect a result, so was Shankland and Rose dropped /rested, agree with Djaffo for once Harvie did well but did Muirhead actually win a header all night. Moffat absolutely away based on that performance absolute p—- young boy ran himself into the ground and got no support from Moffat,  All there goals were down to bad mistakes from Ayr players don’t think we’ll win many more games, all or nothing in the play offs it is then not hopefull

Moffat picked up an injury after 5 minutes.

I don’t think McCall would give the captaincy to someone uninterested and looking for a move away.

Harvie did fine but I wonder if a natural centre half might have done better at the second goal. Was a good ball in and a good run mind you. Thought Doohan should have done a lot better at the first and Geggan has to clear that at the third. That most certainly was not a good ball in!
Miller’s movement was top notch, his touch less so. Thought McDaid’s touch was really poor tonight, too. Still created a few chances though, Docherty’s header and Crawford’s volley off the post go in on another night.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Moffat picked up an injury after 5 minutes.

I don’t think McCall would give the captaincy to someone uninterested and looking for a move away.

17 minutes ago, munro7 said:

Harvie did fine but I wonder if a natural centre half might have done better at the second goal. Was a good ball in and a good run mind you. Thought Doohan should have done a lot better at the first and Geggan has to clear that at the third. That most certainly was not a good ball in!
Miller’s movement was top notch, his touch less so. Thought McDaid’s touch was really poor tonight, too. Still created a few chances though, Docherty’s header and Crawford’s volley off the post go in on another night.

An injury never seen him make any challenges , no interested and wanted in the dressing room straight away when he came off noticed bu quite few in the stand tonight, had to be told to come to the bench, and eventually slinking away but caught on camera, but I’m sure Djaffo wil have a club answer

8 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

An injury never seen him make any challenges , no interested and wanted in the dressing room straight away when he came off noticed bu quite few in the stand tonight, had to be told to come to the bench, and eventually slinking away but caught on camera, but I’m sure Djaffo wil have a club answer

Moffat pulled a muscle on his thigh about 10 mins  in , struggled on to try and run it off , when he came off he indicated to physio to go to changing room , if you were watching properly you would have noticed he went to bench and physio strapped an ice pack onto his thigh and then sent him to dressing room , 

Good points and bad points.

A shadow of the team from the start of the season.

Still have the basis of a winning side there though.

Need some luck in the playoffs, so I'll take 3 shitfests between now and then, if it means lady luck is on our side.

No offence, and I love the highlands of Scotland, but football has no place there.

Bad enough that county will win the league, but if we get horsed by Inverness, then they can shove it!!

Our inability to defend set pieces and crosses will mean we'll never dream of being able to come through the play-offs to get promoted.

If anything is going to stop us getting promoted it is going to be our shoddy defending which is chalk and cheese from the rock solid defence at the start of the season.

Questions have to be asked of what goes on at training because it clearly isn't on defending set pieces, i get the impression not much goes on due to majority of the squad being nursed through a week of physio to ensure they can soldier through a game clearly unfit.

On Moffat he was terrible tonight but was down to being injured early on, question though has to be if this was the case then why was he not hooked, probably done more damage playing through a further 60 odd minutes injured. 

Yes because you can only get injured whilst challenging. He pulled up after 5 mins and you could see him walking around the dugout with an ice pack. His wife also put on Twitter that he got injured and McCall confirmed it after the game.

44 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yes because you can only get injured whilst challenging. He pulled up after 5 mins and you could see him walking around the dugout with an ice pack. His wife also put on Twitter that he got injured and McCall confirmed it after the game.

Jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams though does it

10 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I think Lockwood and djaffo really need a square go .

9 hours ago, Lochwood said:

No square go needed , think Lochwood just needs to get his facts right as nothing in his comment is accurate 

Find it hilarious that he seems to think I’m actually a spokesperson for the club. Never thought I’d go full on happy clapper.

If he doesn’t like the facts I’m presenting to him he can put me on ignore. Simple really.

Unfortunately Doohan seems to be having a bit of an iffy spell at the wrong time of the season.

Looking back at the highlights I thought he could have done better with all three goals, last two especially.

On another night he probably saves their 2nd and 3rd goal definitely, plus with the first parrying back into the middle of the box wasn't the best place.

In saying that he's a young keeper who was always going to have a wobble at some stage and he's still been the best goalie we've had in a long time.