The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

18 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

I’m not sure who’s negotiated it, agreed to it and given it the green light. 

What I am sure of is the championship clubs seem to have been given a pretty raw deal. 

Yes, there's absolutely no doubt about that.

31 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

I’m not sure who’s negotiated it, agreed to it and given it the green light. 

What I am sure of is the championship clubs seem to have been given a pretty raw deal. 

12 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, there's absolutely no doubt about that.

As has been said before, if Championship clubs want to moan that they should keep all the income from the Championship tv broadcast deal, are they also happy to let the Premiership clubs keep all the income from the Premiership broadcast deal? Championship clubs make more money from one Old Firm game than the Premiership clubs in total will be getting from the Championship broadcast deal.

Is the situation ideal for supporters? No, it's not, particularly not ours next weekend, nor Ayr's who seem to have had a disproportionate amound of Friday games to deal with.

But the idea that the tv distribution model is in some way skewed against the Championship clubs overall ir pretty fanciful.

4 hours ago, WATTOO said:

What I just don't understand is how the Premier league teams can gain from teams from a different league being shown on TV ?

I appreciate that some sort of overarching deal was signed to cover TV revenue which is then distributed amongst everyone, however that was surely before BBC arranged this new Friday 7.05pm slot for the Championship on their new channel ?

As such, should any deal not have been renegotiated at this point or a separate pot being put in for distribution to the Championship teams only ??

The clubs are clearly losing out, the fans don't like it and the Chairmen are very unhappy, so why the Hell did they sign up for this would be my question ???

Because Championship clubs get revenue from Live Premiership matches.

All TV, Sponsorship, and other Money is put into a pot at the end of the season and is awarded to the 42 clubs (and the side relegated from L2).

So if in your case that all the Championship TV money just stayed with Championship clubs, then the total prize pool for all the Championship clubs would be £700,000. Under the current model, the championship winner receives roughly £650,000. So it's a completely pointless argument.

31 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

As has been said before, if Championship clubs want to moan that they should keep all the income from the Championship tv broadcast deal, are they also happy to let the Premiership clubs keep all the income from the Premiership broadcast deal? Championship clubs make more money from one Old Firm game than the Premiership clubs in total will be getting from the Championship broadcast deal.

Is the situation ideal for supporters? No, it's not, particularly not ours next weekend, nor Ayr's who seem to have had a disproportionate amound of Friday games to deal with.

But the idea that the tv distribution model is in some way skewed against the Championship clubs overall ir pretty fanciful.

21 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

Because Championship clubs get revenue from Live Premiership matches.

All TV, Sponsorship, and other Money is put into a pot at the end of the season and is awarded to the 42 clubs (and the side relegated from L2).

So if in your case that all the Championship TV money just stayed with Championship clubs, then the total prize pool for all the Championship clubs would be £700,000. Under the current model, the championship winner receives roughly £650,000. So it's a completely pointless argument.

You two appear to know all the ins and outs of this "deal", which is much more than the rest of us, however the points I would make here are,

1. The BBC Scotland Friday night coverage wasn't part of this deal when originally negotiated.

2. The Championship Clubs, Chairmen / Boards / Owners, don't appear very happy with this "fantastic" deal.

I'd also be so bold as to insinuate that the Premiership clubs only look after number one, so I can't for the life of me believe that they're doing the Championship clubs a great favour with the current deal.

Call me a cynic, but I prefer realist....................

24 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

You two appear to know all the ins and outs of this "deal", which is much more than the rest of us, however the points I would make here are,

1. The BBC Scotland Friday night coverage wasn't part of this deal when originally negotiated.

2. The Championship Clubs, Chairmen / Boards / Owners, don't appear very happy with this "fantastic" deal.

I'd also be so bold as to insinuate that the Premiership clubs only look after number one, so I can't for the life of me believe that they're doing the Championship clubs a great favour with the current deal.

Well in 2012, the winners of the old First Division received something in the region of £70,000, that's now ten-fold because of the SPFL.

The TV deal is ever-changing and tbh there was 16 Championship games live last season on BBC Alba, and I imagine Alba were paying a lot less than £700k, and no-one was complaining.

Clubs also get a lot in commercial money by having live games on the BBC, I saw one report that missing out on Sportscene Highlights cost us a six-figure amount.

I'm not a massive fan of the 7.05ko time, personally, I would like to see a 7:30pm ko, with the Nine being shortened to half an hour on a Friday - which is what C4 News do.

1 minute ago, Marr1 said:

Well in 2012, the winners of the old First Division received something in the region of £70,000, that's now ten-fold because of the SPFL.

The TV deal is ever-changing and tbh there was 16 Championship games live last season on BBC Alba, and I imagine Alba were paying a lot less than £700k, and no-one was complaining.

Clubs also get a lot in commercial money by having live games on the BBC, I saw one report that missing out on Sportscene Highlights cost us a six-figure amount.

I'm not a massive fan of the 7.05ko time, personally, I would like to see a 7:30pm ko, with the Nine being shortened to half an hour on a Friday - which is what C4 News do.

That's all fine and well, but who's actually benefiting ?

Is the standard of football far superior this season compared with 2012 ??

Is the admission price for fans far cheaper now that 2012 (adjusted accordingly) ??

Is the matchday experience much better today than 2012 ??

Are our clubs on a more stable financial footing than 2012 ??

Please note I'm not aiming a swipe at you with this post, just more of a general observation.

44 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

That's all fine and well, but who's actually benefiting ?

Is the standard of football far superior this season compared with 2012 ??

Is the admission price for fans far cheaper now that 2012 (adjusted accordingly) ??

Is the matchday experience much better today than 2012 ??

Are our clubs on a more stable financial footing than 2012 ??

Please note I'm not aiming a swipe at you with this post, just more of a general observation.

Seems a bit unreasonable to try to infer a direct causative relationship between TV money and some of those factors.

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

Seems a bit unreasonable to try to infer a direct causative relationship between TV money and some of those factors.

I'm just saying that we as supporters and also our clubs don't appear to be in any way better off with all this supposed additional income.

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I don't "know" the ins and outs of the deal. I've read them but I forget now what they were. The detail doesn't really matter. The point is they sold the rights for what they could get, it promotes the League overall which is a good thing, and the money goes into the overall League pot for distribution to ALL League member clubs in line with the prize pot distribution model. The same way the main tv deal money does too despite the actual inconvenience of it pretty much all being put upon the Premiership clubs.

I fail to see the relevance of when the deal was negotiated. It has always been the case the tv deals for the League are put in the total League pot. The clubs from the bottom three divisions benefit far more from that than their associated appearances will generally justify. I'm sure the Championship Chairmen are less than enamoured at the "new" situation as their clubs are more inconvenienced then they were before and in some cases no doubt financially worse off as, depending on your finishing position and how often you are covered at home, you may benefit less than you lose.

For what it's worth, the home clubs are allowed to sell some of the electronic advertsing time for themselves and keep the money so there is a minor direct benefit from it which will at least partially offset any reduced gates.

I mean even at the beginning of the season I wouldn’t exactly have said he was “skinny” but he’s definitely put a few pounds on. It’s perhaps forgivable after being out for a while but he really needs to try get his fitness back for the play-offs (McCall has a part to play in that also).

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Tell me about it. We must be into double figures for televised games this season. Its maybe a consequence of success but it means I and many others can't attend.

A bit off topic, however does anyone know if it's at all possible to purchase any of our old strips ?

I know Toffs do the classic retro numbers, however I was actually looking for our 2011 half black / half white home top with the original Bodog sponsors logo. I know it was a Nike template but unsure if it's possible to get your hands on one of these ??

On 16/04/2019 at 17:14, rb123! said:

Don't know when that picture was taken but it's safe to say that it justifies everyone's recent thoughts that he's put the beef back on. NINTCHDBPICT000475062478.jpg

Image result for the munsters herman

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

A bit off topic, however does anyone know if it's at all possible to purchase any of our old strips ?

I know Toffs do the classic retro numbers, however I was actually looking for our 2011 half black / half white home top with the original Bodog sponsors logo. I know it was a Nike template but unsure if it's possible to get your hands on one of these ??

Any use?

Screenshot_20190418-141443_Samsung Internet.jpg