The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Rumour is championship clubs are getting next to nothing for it but I‘ve not seen any concrete figures. 

That’s my understanding of it. The cash starts at the Premiership teams and it trickles down the leagues meaning we get next to nothing.

I’m sure a director at the club said the club are made a lot of losses this season due to missing out on match day income that they would normally get.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

That’s my understanding of it. The cash starts at the Premiership teams and it trickles down the leagues meaning we get next to nothing.

I’m sure a director at the club said the club are made a lot of losses this season due to missing out on match day income that they would normally get.

Yeah, I really can’t fathom the whole thing. 

I thought your support was decent the other night considering the distance and time etc but i’m also sure it would’ve been quite a good bit higher if it’d been a Saturday at 3. 

Every Friday game I’ve come away from I’ve had a conversation with people who agree that the minuscule TV income can’t make up for the decrease in ticket and food sales. 

Yeah, I really can’t fathom the whole thing. 
I thought your support was decent the other night considering the distance and time etc but i’m also sure it would’ve been quite a good bit higher if it’d been a Saturday at 3. 
Every Friday game I’ve come away from I’ve had a conversation with people who agree that the minuscule TV income can’t make up for the decrease in ticket and food sales. 

It only really works when it’s 2 clubs in close proximity to each other but even then the bizarre kick off times make it hard for folk who are working.

In this league though the sensible picks would be RC vs ICT, Falkirk vs Alloa, Dunfermline vs Falkirk, Morton vs Partick. Maybe at a push Ayr vs Queens or Partick but certainly not Queens vs Ross County like they’re doing in a couple of weeks.

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Why did we agree to the TV deal then?

That was the other thing. 

I don’t know how much of a say the championship clubs have had in the deal. 

I looked it up the other day and I’m pretty sure the article said they were planning to show some premiership games at the 7.05 slot from next season but I’m not sure if that is going to happen or not.

If it’s not and the premiership clubs have given the championship clubs this deal then it’s a bit shit for us.  

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It only really works when it’s 2 clubs in close proximity to each other but even then the bizarre kick off times make it hard for folk who are working.

In this league though the sensible picks would be RC vs ICT, Falkirk vs Alloa, Dunfermline vs Falkirk, Morton vs Partick. Maybe at a push Ayr vs Queens or Partick but certainly not Queens vs Ross County like they’re doing in a couple of weeks.

Yup, I couldn’t agree more. 

The thing I find strange is that they do the exact opposite.

I’m sure I read a couple years ago that the EFL was actually scheduling midweek games for the teams furthest apart, not sure if it’s the same thing they are trying to do up here.  

I don't like the 7.05 kick off time .It's a real pain in the arse and a good few supporterswill be working to 5 half 5 .we took 400 odd to tannadice in November 7.45 kick off .250 this time .I had too knock off work early on Friday and also last month at falkirk .Glasgow area can be a real nightmare for traffic at that time on a Friday afternoon. I don't see it sticking about too long tbh think it's the same this Friday night when we host ross county .which will be the 1st out of 4 games that have been televised too be at Somerset.

On 4/14/2019 at 20:58, NEFarab said:

That was the other thing. 

I don’t know how much of a say the championship clubs have had in the deal. 

I looked it up the other day and I’m pretty sure the article said they were planning to show some premiership games at the 7.05 slot from next season but I’m not sure if that is going to happen or not.

If it’s not and the premiership clubs have given the championship clubs this deal then it’s a bit shit for us.  

What I just don't understand is how the Premier league teams can gain from teams from a different league being shown on TV ?

I appreciate that some sort of overarching deal was signed to cover TV revenue which is then distributed amongst everyone, however that was surely before BBC arranged this new Friday 7.05pm slot for the Championship on their new channel ?

As such, should any deal not have been renegotiated at this point or a separate pot being put in for distribution to the Championship teams only ??

The clubs are clearly losing out, the fans don't like it and the Chairmen are very unhappy, so why the Hell did they sign up for this would be my question ???

I wasn’t hugely bothered as he was always leaving and he’s been giving his all the whole season, but if he’s given them the okay to publish it on their website at this stage of the season then he’s gone down quite a bit in my estimations.

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

What I just don't understand is how the Premier league teams can gain from teams from a different league being shown on TV ?

I appreciate that some sort of overarching deal was signed to cover TV revenue which is then distributed amongst everyone, however that was surely before BBC arranged this new Friday 7.05pm slot for the Championship on their new channel ?

As such, should any deal not have been renegotiated at this point or a separate pot being put in for distribution to the Championship teams only ??

The clubs are clearly losing out, the fans don't like it and the Chairmen are very unhappy, so why the Hell did they sign up for this would be my question ???

I’m not sure who’s negotiated it, agreed to it and given it the green light. 

What I am sure of is the championship clubs seem to have been given a pretty raw deal.