The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I see Moffs bird is having a moan on Twitter about him constantly getting subbed. Got a feeling he won’t be around next season. 

Absolute riddy when family members starting moaning about things like that. Sure she got pelters when he left in the first place. Not as bad as Avci’s sister right enough.

She was desperate enough for him to move back here in the first place.

11 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

He didn't look like a happy camper all game. Could see him away too,  I'm sure he'll have offers.

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d genuinely be gutted if he left. More so this time than last time.

I heard it was Partick who made the offer for him in January. Can definitely see him going there. 

I think she needs to get a grip of herself tbh and understand that a guy at his age needs to be managed properly. He runs himself into the ground every game so I can understand McCall taking him off even if he’s playing well.

If she stamps her feet enough then maybe he’ll leave but I think he’d be making a huge mistake. He’s not going to get more playing time at Partick next season than he will at Ayr.

9 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

There were pictures on the DUFC website of them signing the contracts :lol:

Pictures that were taken weeks earlier when they signed but not used until your chairman revealed on sportsound that the pair were going to United.

United then confirmed the signings on their website.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/22177843

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/3368/PATON-AND-ERSKINE-SIGN-PRE-CONTRACT-AGREEMENTS.html

Moffat won't go anywhere and I would be shocked if he did .Christ he turns up at an ayr promotion party as a pars player .the guy loves the club.

Proud of the players tonight .5 games in 13 days is far too much .too come away from Dundee Utd a little disappointed not too get anything shows you how good a season we have had .1tia

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I thought he was maybe taken off before he was sent off, he seemed to be brooding a bit and had a couple of questionable tackles. Looked like he was in the  huff.

This way my thought. He was lucky to get away with that tackle.

was clearly pissed off that he gave the ball away so easily.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d genuinely be gutted if he left. More so this time than last time.

^This. Moffat is a legend and I want him to get 100 goals for us! I think hes 12 goals off and I'm confident he will be here next season.

I also think he is right to be frustrated tbh. Shankland cant seem to hit a barn door just now but its always Moffat who is subbed. 9/10 when we sub Moffat we're worse afterwards.

Morton away earlier in the season is the only time I think we have turned a game around by taking Moffat off.

My patience with Shankland is beginning to run out.... 

Shankland could go the rest of the season without scoring and people’s patience with him shouldn’t run out. He’s still young and going through a difficult spell so needs support! He’s had a ridiculous season.

He clearly isn’t fit. He looks a pound or two heavier, looks sluggish and almost every game he starts hobbling about towards the end.

I think it’s pretty obvious he was rushed back and is still carrying an injury. If there’s one good thing to come from being all but guaranteed 3rd or 4th, it’s that if McCall has any sense he’ll drop him between now and the play-offs to try give him time to recover.