The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The bottom line is that Smith is one of our best players, he's a complete professional, and I have 100% faith in him both for tonight and for every other match he plays for us this season.

As mentioned, the total disgrace here is this story coming out on the eve of this match, however it shows that they're running scared of us which of course they should be with their record against us this season and all it does is make us all the more fired up to put them to the sword once again.

We don't need to play dirty because after all we are the Honest Men..................

Chances are a journo has sat on this since January, happens all the time. They hold a story until they know they'll get maximum bang for their buck or cause they most havoc. 

Reckon Smith will score tonight and run straight past Neilson to give McCall a hug. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yinited did similar when announcing they had signed Erskine and Paton during our promotion season. 

That was more official though with pictures of them signing their contracts. This seems more driven by the journo but then again where did he get the info?

Yinited did similar when announcing they had signed Erskine and Paton during our promotion season. 
That was more official though with pictures of them signing their contracts. This seems more driven by the journo but then again where did he get the info?

Thistle leaked that not United.

Pre-contracts, gentleman’s agreements etc. are all part of the game these days. Players moving for higher wages has been the norm since forever, there’s no issue.

It’s just the perceived shitbaggery from Dundee Utd and their local paper that probably has irked most folk. Whether the leak has come from Dundee Utd or the ‘journalist’ has sat on it for a few months to get maximum impact doesn’t really matter; I’d have more respect for everyone involved if they just came out and released a statement, like Ayr and Coventry did.

But that’s football for you.

It’s funny as ayr fans that we think we will need penalties to beat Dundee United over two legs in the play-offs.

Tonight is massive - McDaid needs to play - Dundee United can’t handle him. Has ran riot against them all season. My biggest concern is we haven’t beat ICT all season and so don’t want to play them in the play-off’s. 

Best hope is we finish 2nd, Dundee United beat ICT and we beat Dundee United. 

Liam Smith stuff is a sideshow - I reckon we will get a reaction from the Ayr boys anyway - we always play better away from home and against Dundee United. 

Without trying to come across as a dick here, but quite frankly I'm pretty bored with all the Liam Smith stuff now. 

I don't really care where he's playing next season if it's not at Somerset, I wish him all the best when he leaves, but we've got far more important stuff  than this to be worrying about and discussing.

By all accounts Smith has told Ian M that he will give his all for Ayr for the rest of the season. Has asked not to take a penalty if there is a penalty shootout against D Utd in the playoffs. 
He also asked for a cheese toastie for his birthday treat, if it was ok to wear his new jumper on Saturday up the town and if he can stay over at his pals on Sunday for his tea.

1 minute ago, aufcwolfie said:

Aye, the Sun's circulation is slipping to be fair...… in the unlikely event that you think I've made this up, it's on p57.

It may be a total f*** up from The Sun, but that is what it says.

There's 57 pages in the Sun ???

Bloody Hell, that's a novella................

Yeah the Sun definitely said he had signed for Hearts.  I just took it as typically useless journalism than anything else.  Doesnt seem likely they would release him in August then fling him a 2 year deal a few months later. 

Would be funny though.

13 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Yeah the Sun definitely said he had signed for Hearts.  I just took it as typically useless journalism than anything else.  Doesnt seem likely they would release him in August then fling him a 2 year deal a few months later. 

Would be funny though.

Although probably cheaper than paying him for a season while out on loan - although Im sure Hearts wanted to keep him but couldnt guarantee him any first team football this season - Smith maybe thinks they were good guys to deal with then so why not go back.

Or as its the Sun it could be entirely made up....

10 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Although probably cheaper than paying him for a season while out on loan - although Im sure Hearts wanted to keep him but couldnt guarantee him any first team football this season - Smith maybe thinks they were good guys to deal with then so why not go back.

Or as its the Sun it could be entirely made up....

Shockingly looks like the sun making a c**t of it

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/182506-liam-smith/