The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Smith's a good player who's making a big mistake signing for Dundee United, next season should see them having a decent chance of promotion, not exactly ambitious and shows a lack of confidence from Smith IMHO.

On 10/04/2019 at 10:07, D'Jaffo said:

Is Rose suspended for Friday night?

He’s got 6 yellows and he got his 6th against Dunfermline. I think it takes 2 weeks for the ban to come into effect.

On 10/04/2019 at 11:19, SUPERSOUTH said:

All the yellow cards were put back to zero at Christmas (new rule) so itdepends when he collected them all... 

On 10/04/2019 at 11:34, D'Jaffo said:

Ah well that’s handy.

I’ll need to check but I don’t think he’s collected 6 yellows since Christmas.

The six yellow card for a suspension rule changed this season. 

If a player accumulates six yellow cards by the end of game 18(halfway through the season) then they will be suspended for one match(14 days after the sixth yellow was collected). 

At this point, the yellow cards don't reset, but it requires 12 to get a suspension(which would be a two match one). 

20 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Smith's a good player who's making a big mistake signing for Dundee United, next season should see them having a decent chance of promotion, not exactly ambitious and shows a lack of confidence from Smith IMHO.

This. But he’s probably get a substantial pay rise and with Andy Robertson’s experience of playing there and then getting his big move to a Hull he maybe see this as another stepping stone in his career and moving in the same direction. He’s still only 20/21 and has only really played competitive football for the last 2 seasons. An excellent player, wish he was staying with us but the reality when for us is it’s extremely hard to hang on to good players of that quality 

5 minutes ago, ecocme said:

This. But he’s probably get a substantial pay rise and with Andy Robertson’s experience of playing there and then getting his big move to a Hull he maybe see this as another stepping stone in his career and moving in the same direction. He’s still only 20/21 and has only really played competitive football for the last 2 seasons. An excellent player, wish he was staying with us but the reality when for us is it’s extremely hard to hang on to good players of that quality 

Robertson signed for them in the top league, I've saw nowt to suggest Dundee United are getting out of this league this season, I don't even fancy them to win a 2 legged tie IIBH.

He’s 23 and had played on loan at East Fife and Raith prior to last season.

So really his next move should’ve been to the Premiership.

7 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Would you drop him for the play offs?

No chance he's our best defender and arguably the best right back in the league.  I would trust him to give his all for us till he leaves.

I'm sure this deal was done in January and he's still been playing well since then. They just chose to announce it now in an attempt to wind us up before we play them.

Its easily possible we wont play them anyway, we might have to get past Inverness first so for now it's a pointless discussion.

34 minutes ago, Honest_Ally said:

No chance he's our best defender and arguably the best right back in the league.  I would trust him to give his all for us till he leaves.

I'm sure this deal was done in January and he's still been playing well since then. They just chose to announce it now in an attempt to wind us up before we play them.

Its easily possible we wont play them anyway, we might have to get past Inverness first so for now it's a pointless discussion.

They might need to get past Caley 1st.

Tell me who’s a better club then that would have taken him?

All you are doing is basing it on the fact you have turned us over this season and we are currently in the championship. You are not looking at the bigger picture like he certainly has. You seem to be drowning in your own bitterness.
#steppingstone

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s 23 and had played on loan at East Fife and Raith prior to last season.

So really his next move should’ve been to the Premiership.

Ah hadn’t realised that! Fair enough then

2 hours ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

He was 23 yesterday. 

His next move and the one after that  might take him through his peak as a player so really need to be the right ones for his sake.  

Shows what I know!! Hadn’t realised his age, assumed he was 20/21 has he’d been playing for Scotland under 21s earlier this season.  Hadn’t realised he’d also played for Raith etc! Doh