The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

21 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If the rumours are true then he should never play for us again. I get that this has been on the cards for a while and his performances have dropped but when it comes down to the playoff games can he be trusted? 

Picture the scene: playoff semi final 2nd leg: Dundee United 0v 0 Ayr United, Liam Smith finds himself one on one with the keeper (I know this is unlikely as he’s a fullback but stay with me)- Do we honestly think he would 100% try and score and keep Dundee United down? 

Second leg at Tannadice. Scenario checks out.

30 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Dundee Utd have previous for this kind of shithouse behaviour. Horrible club.

Watching their demise has been hilarious and delicious.

Looks like someone's memory's playing tricks on him. United only confirmed the pre-contracts of Erskine and Paton after it was  announced by your chairman.

Edit: Kudos for the irony free bit in bold. :lol:

Edited by Pull My Strings

48 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If the rumours are true then he should never play for us again. I get that this has been on the cards for a while and his performances have dropped but when it comes down to the playoff games can he be trusted? 

Picture the scene: playoff semi final 2nd leg: Dundee United 0v 0 Ayr United, Liam Smith finds himself one on one with the keeper (I know this is unlikely as he’s a fullback but stay with me)- Do we honestly think he would 100% try and score and keep Dundee United down? 

In fairness, I'd be shocked if he scored going by his past history when getting into similar goal scoring positions !!!

Seriously though, no problem for me, Smith has been outstanding and is consistently in our top 3 performers and remains one of the first names on the team sheet as he should.

Playing tomorrow is not an issue,  playing them in the play offs your kidding me that that’s not an issue, i don’t doubt the guys integrity but if he gives away a late penalty to decide the game shit will hit the fan trust me

Are you suggesting he’s going to deliberately give away a penalty to Dundee Utd in the playoffs?

The deal has probably been done since January and he’s been fine since then so I don’t see any major issues.

Unless you DO doubt his integrity it would not be an issue.

If anybody gives away a late pen to decide a play-off he'll get pelters. As it will be the last game he plays for Ayr anyway then the consequences, other than a few fannies chucking their toys out of the pram, will be nil. Trust me.  

9 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Playing tomorrow is not an issue,  playing them in the play offs your kidding me that that’s not an issue, i don’t doubt the guys integrity but if he gives away a late penalty to decide the game shit will hit the fan trust me

Does anyone remember Fernando Morientes for Monaco v Real ???

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2018/05/07/fernando-morientes-and-the-haunting-of-real-madrid/

The player will be more than aware of this being a possibility. If he and the manager feel that he is ready to play, then you should be putting your trust in them. If Smith felt he wouldn't be effective and told McCall this then there's no doubt he'd probably be at least benched.

11 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Jordan Jones announced as Rangers player next season as well. Swords them shortly after.

Yes, good point.

I’m not suggesting anything about the boy point being made is don’t put the boy in a position where it might happen would be extremely unfair for the club to do that

Hahaha I like Smith but I’m not really bothered about putting him that situation. It’s not unfair in the slightest.

He’s an Ayr player until the summer and I’ve no doubt he’ll give it his all.

The player will be more than aware of this being a possibility. If he and the manager feel that he is ready to play, then you should be putting your trust in them. If Smith felt he wouldn't be effective and told McCall this then there's no doubt he'd probably be at least benched.

Can you stop please. You’re starting to make sense and for a Morton fan this is unheard of.

It's the fact some snakey b*****d trying to stir shit at Dundee United has decided to tell the press about this the day before we play them when we all pretty much know this was agreed back in January.

This has certainly added some more spice to tomorrow night.

Don’t see the big deal he’s an ayr player the now so should be professional enough to give 100% until he leaves Ayr.
Jones signed a pre contact with rangers and the killie fans didn’t want him to play again and he ended up scoring the winner v rangers which gave rangers less of a chance of challenging for the title

24 minutes ago, rb123! said:

It's the fact some snakey b*****d trying to stir shit at Dundee United has decided to tell the press about this the day before we play them when we all pretty much know this was agreed back in January.

This has certainly added some more spice to tomorrow night.

Well they need to do something as we're currently 8-0 up on aggregate this season............

Smith was never going to be around next season with Dundee Utd being mentioned since mid January so don’t really see a problem.  Can’t remember, but presume he played in the 1-0 win at Somerset.  Don’t think it’s a great move for him development wise though.  Should have looked for a move down south like Devlin and now Rose.  Behaviour from Dundee Utd is poor, but it probably just highlights that there are good reasons why such a big club has  been in the grubber for so long.

Edited by Mgc1910