The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Guys, you should just be happy that a superpower of the size of Dundee United are even in your league. Who can forget their famous achievement of finishing in 3rd in the top flight as recently as nine years ago?

Christ Kille?? Apart from the last season and a half are yous ever out the bottom three? Been cracking viewing for your 2-3k fans I bet.

Just now, stewartyftd1 said:

Christ Kille?? Apart from the last season and a half are yous ever out the bottom three? Been cracking viewing for your 2-3k fans I bet.

We've finished in the bottom three twice this decade - we've been in the top 6 more often than that.

Fortunately we've never finished bottom like United, which means our "2-3k fans" have been able to watch top flight football for the last 26 seasons while United have been trying and failing to finish ahead of the likes of Falkirk, Livingston, St Mirren and Ross County in the second tier.

Good luck in the play-offs - hopefully your "loads of fans" bonus goal will help you scrape past Ayr.

We've finished in the bottom three twice this decade - we've been in the top 6 more often than that.
Fortunately we've never finished bottom like United, which means our "2-3k fans" have been able to watch top flight football for the last 26 seasons while United have been trying and failing to finish ahead of the likes of Falkirk, Livingston, St Mirren and Ross County in the second tier.
Good luck in the play-offs - hopefully your "loads of fans" bonus goal will help you scrape past Ayr.

Aye never finished bottom just. You were terrible for years lets be honest.

Mathematically safe. Three points from fifteen guarantees a playoff spot. Considering that the teams above are a) an established city-based top-league team and b) a country plaything on a ludicrous budget, this has been an astonishing season.

Well barring a total disaster that’s us in the playoffs, hopefully the nerves will release now and back to playing with no pressure.

Shankland getting worse every week god only knows why if he’s still trying to sell himself then he’s in danger of ruining all his good early work

Moore dear oh dear

Mcdade as above

What’s the score with Muirhead, Forrest,Adams

Get some of these youngsters in now no excuses and no pressure

4 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Well barring a total disaster that’s us in the playoffs, hopefully the nerves will release now and back to playing with no pressure.

Shankland getting worse every week god only knows why if he’s still trying to sell himself then he’s in danger of ruining all his good early work

Moore dear oh dear

Mcdade as above

Tbh we've still got an outside chance of getting 2nd and if we beat Dundee United we've got a pretty big chance so i would'n't rule that out yet.

Moore dear oh dear
Mcdade as above

Match preview stated that Muirhead was injured and I’m presuming Forrest isn’t fully fit either.

Moore and McDaid did nothing wrong when they came on. Hard for them to make an impact when they’re living off long clearances from the defence.

There’s still plenty to play for so I wouldn’t be bringing in the youngsters yet.

4 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Tbh we've still got an outside chance of getting 2nd and if we beat Dundee United we've got a pretty big chance so i would'n't rule that out yet.

Scottish football needs Ayr beating  Dundee United, IMHO.

47 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

And for anyone that's not partaken so far, can I recommend the championship relegation thread. It's fucking glorious.

Yep.

Less glorious when directly involved :(but it is an impressive example of football meltdown.

Most of it has  fans claiming that their team is shitter than all the others involved.