The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

A couple of bad seasons is an understatement. Past glories count for nothing.
For a potential top 6 team in the country its strange to have been stuck in the championship for 3 seasons. You are currently 14th and your usual level over the past few years has been 15th, so you're actually doing better this year.
A big step up to a side two places ahead in the table, that we have comfortably beaten 3 times this season.

When was the last time yous were even in the premier league? Look over the last 15 seasons and how many times have we been challenging at the top end of the premier league? Its easy saying past glories mean nothing for a club who have none...

Look at it this way. The only clubs bigger than United in Scotland are the OF Hibs Hearts and Aberdeen. We have a bigger fanbase, pay bigger wages and have higher aspirations than all the rest.

Sorry.

16 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Its funny how short a memory some people have after United having a couple of bad seasons. What happens when we get back this season or next?

I would say we comfortably fit in to being a top six outfit in Scottish football and we are performing well below our usual levels atm.

He’s signed a pre contract anyway and he is making a big step up moving from Ayr United to DUFC.

He's not making any step up going to Tannadice as you currently sit beside us in the same league and we've gubbed you three times out of three this season.

The current United team can't in any shape or form be compared to the ones containing Narey, Sturrock, Milne, Dodds or even the ones with McKinlay, Jackson, Malpas, O'Neill, Van Der Hoorn etc.

He's not making any step up going to Tannadice as you currently sit beside us in the same league and we've gubbed you three times out of three this season.
The current United team can't in any shape or form be compared to the ones containing Narey, Sturrock, Milne, Dodds or even the ones with McKinlay, Jackson, Malpas, O'Neill, Van Der Hoorn etc.

I’m not even going as far back as that haha. Im talking 2014/2015 and consistently challenging in the top half for a decade before that.

When was the last time yous were even in the premier league? Look over the last 15 seasons and how many times have we been challenging at the top end of the premier league? Its easy saying past glories mean nothing for a club who have none...

Look at it this way. The only clubs bigger than United in Scotland are the OF Hibs Hearts and Aberdeen. We have a bigger fanbase, pay bigger wages and have higher aspirations than all the rest.

Sorry.

Don’t apologise for taking nonsense.

Being a bigger club counts for very little when said club is in the same shape as you are.

If he goes to Dundee Utd then fair enough but he’ll be wasting his time when he could easily go straight to a Premiership club right now.

I’m not even going as far back as that haha. Im talking 2014/2015 and consistently challenging in the top half for a decade before that.

A decade is a stretch. 2004-05, 2005-06 and 2006-07 you finished 9th.

Don’t apologise for taking nonsense.

Being a bigger club counts for very little when said club is in the same shape as you are.

If he goes to Dundee Utd then fair enough but he’ll be wasting his time when he could easily go straight to a Premiership club right now.

I don’t think its nonsense tbh. And we are hardly in the same “shape”. Im sure we can pay bigger wages currently than half that PL. Its only a matter of time before we go back up whether its this season or next.

Hope you enjoyed your flash in the pan half season. Hold on to fourth now..

I don’t think its nonsense tbh. And we are hardly in the same “shape”. Im sure we can pay bigger wages currently than half that PL. Its only a matter of time before we go back up whether its this season or next.

Hope you enjoyed your flash in the pan half season. Hold on to fourth now..

By “shape” I am talking about a club that are showing no real signs of getting promoted. At this moment in time anyway. Who knows what could happen in the playoffs.

Paying bigger wages and splashing cash is great but you did it January by buying a new team and it’s not really paid off has it?

I have most certainly enjoyed my clubs “flash in the pan” season. Hold onto second now...

By “shape” I am talking about a club that are showing no real signs of getting promoted. At this moment in time anyway. Who knows what could happen in the playoffs.

Paying bigger wages and splashing cash is great but you did it January by buying a new team and it’s not really paid off has it?

I have most certainly enjoyed my clubs “flash in the pan” season. Hold onto second now...

Half season

This is one of these posts which could come back to be mocked at the end of the season

If Smith goes to Dundee Utd at the end of season then I’m sure I’ll be mocked by this wee guy and all his Arab mates.

However if Dundee Utd don’t go up it’ll be more than Ayr fans mocking him.

Then top six from then including a few 4ths and a 3rd place up until 2015. Not too bad I would say.

Not too bad at all. Just entirely different to what you claimed in your other post.

15 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Sorry.

That is completely irrelevant and just makes it all the more embarrassing for you getting beaten three times by us.

Well you've had three years to prove to us all how much bigger and better than this league you are, how's that going?

So you should be.

Not too bad at all. Just entirely different to what you claimed in your other post.

Not really different is it? We were consistently challenging at the top end for a good period before our relegation. Sorry I was maybe off a tad by saying a decade but a good number of years none the less.

That is completely irrelevant and just makes it all the more embarrassing for you getting beaten three times by us.
Well you've had three years to prove to us all how much bigger and better than this league you are, how's that going?
So you should be.

Sure we will see at the end of the season. We will be up this year or next I think most will probably agree with that.

Smiths made a good move so stop being bitter lads.

Sure we will see at the end of the season. We will be up this year or next I think most will probably agree with that.

Smiths made a good move so stop being bitter lads.

No one is bitter. However it’s bizarre when he can play in the Premiership with ease and he chooses to stay in the same division.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

SPL or English Championship.

No offence, but moving to another Championship club after being rated the best / one of the best full backs in the division 2 years in a row, would not be in any way advancing his career imho.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

No one is bitter. However it’s bizarre when he can play in the Premiership with ease and he chooses to stay in the same division.

Suppose it depends what’s on offer for him, Utd probably have better budget than most bottom six spl clubs, he’s still young and learning and had plenty time on his hands to improve and if his aspiration is to go down south then he can do it in a couple of years. 

Despite your blinkered viewpoint, it’s not a given that Dundee Utd will end up there. They’re not top, probably won’t finish top either and will have to navigate the lottery of play-offs. All that wonderful history counts for absolutely f**k all - history doesn’t win league titles.

The debate is not Ayr v Dundee Utd anyway, but choosing a championship team who have no guarantee of going up compared to an establish Premiership team (or down South).

Anyway, this is all a moot point as there’s been nothing confirmed by either club or the player.