The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Queens are the same with Dykes & Todd confirmed elsewhere next season & one or two others rumoured away already too, only Dobbie is signed up for next season... 

Who else is likely to be poached from you guys?

Marshall? Low? Stirling?

Who else is likely to be poached from you guys?

Marshall? Low? Stirling?
Marshall left last season and came back as he must not have received any better offers. I'm of the opinion that although he is a very good left back at this level he's still very over-rated by a big percentage of our support. Having said that, he has been excellent this season and is a very consistent player. I expect he'll receive that better offer this season. VT has posted a link about Low going to America. I'd have him back on an initial 6 month contract but don't think we could afford to offer him a year given his injury record. If Naysmith is here next season and Stirling stays I'll be gobsmacked. I think he's not always had the best treatment from GN (playing time wise).

Doyle has been outstanding so will likely be on the radar of other clubs. I'm expecting a mass exodus tbh and even if we avoid the drop this season I'm already fearful for next season before I even know our squad [emoji38]

Marshall left last season and came back as he must not have received any better offers. I'm of the opinion that although he is a very good left back at this level he's still very over-rated by a big percentage of our support. Having said that, he has been excellent this season and is a very consistent player. I expect he'll receive that better offer this season. VT has posted a link about Low going to America. I'd have him back on an initial 6 month contract but don't think we could afford to offer him a year given his injury record. If Naysmith is here next season and Stirling stays I'll be gobsmacked. I think he's not always had the best treatment from GN (playing time wise).

Doyle has been outstanding so will likely be on the radar of other clubs. I'm expecting a mass exodus tbh and even if we avoid the drop this season I'm already fearful for next season before I even know our squad [emoji38]

We were linked with Marshall in the summer which was strange given he left to get a club closer to England. Stirling is a player I like though and he’s caused us a fair amount of problems when he was at Stranraer and Dumbarton. If he left I wouldn’t be against us signing him.

The biggest loss for us will undoubtedly be Ross Doohan, the boy is absolute class and is really unbelievable when you factor in his age, lack of experience and the fact he's still to fill out.

I'll happily go on record right now and say that he's going right to the top and will be Scotlands goalkeeper within a couple of years if given a chance at Celtic or sold on to England.

The biggest loss for us will undoubtedly be Ross Doohan, the boy is absolute class and is really unbelievable when you factor in his age, lack of experience and the fact he's still to fill out.
I'll happily go on record right now and say that he's going right to the top and will be Scotlands goalkeeper within a couple of years if given a chance at Celtic or sold on to England.

If we stay down surely there’s a chance we could get him back for another season?

Celtic aren’t going to loan him to another Premiership club imo.

Is it certain we won't be able to keep him on loan next season? I have not seen anything to the contrary.

Realistically he is not going to start for Celtic next season, but if they want to keep him why not give him another year in the Championship with us?

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

If we stay down surely there’s a chance we could get him back for another season?

Celtic aren’t going to loan him to another Premiership club imo.

I'd love this to be true, however knowing Celtics record it wouldn't surprise me if they punted him to some English Championship club for a nominal fee with a sell on clause.

Knowing the amount of scouts who've been watching Shankland, they surely won't have missed Rossco's performances plus the fact he's already the Scotland U21 keeper and of course the level of goalkeeping talent in England isn't exactly brilliant.

2 hours ago, Honest_Ally said:

It was reported that he signed a pre-contract with Dundee United. McCall also hinted at it without saying it outright.

He has been offered contracts by loads of clubs. I dont know if he has signed with anyone yet, but it's only a matter of time.

Both players have offers but neither have signed pre contracts yet. 

13 minutes ago, Naeleftfit said:

Both players have offers but neither have signed pre contracts yet. 

I think Smith could and should be aiming far higher than Dundee Utd.

I'll probably be jumped on, but he's a s good a young FB as I've seen at this level since a certain Jackie McNamara at Dunfermline.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

We were linked with Marshall in the summer which was strange given he left to get a club closer to England. Stirling is a player I like though and he’s caused us a fair amount of problems when he was at Stranraer and Dumbarton. If he left I wouldn’t be against us signing him.

I've always liked Stirling as well, but if the rumours are to be believed, I doubt the club captain would be keen to see him sign on. 

I've always liked Stirling as well, but if the rumours are to be believed, I doubt the club captain would be keen to see him sign on. 

Was there not something to do with someone’s sister and that was why Doc halved him against Dumbarton 2 seasons ago? Guess these are the kind of things fans forget about when we look at targets for signing.

Was there not something to do with someone’s sister and that was why Doc halved him against Dumbarton 2 seasons ago? Guess these are the kind of things fans forget about when we look at targets for signing.

Doc’s girlfriend is Stirling’s sister.

Higgins and Muirhead were hardly best buddies. I reckon it would have to be something major for a club not to sign a player because another one didn't like him.

Goal B is the best FWIW. It's not even up for debate.

Reckon we could have a chance of Devlin back for next season if Walsall got relegated, pretty sure his contract is up at the end of the season but seems pretty settled down there so probably a long shot.