The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Excuse me if i'm getting far too carried away but do we think we could now be back in for the hunt for 1st, Dundee United in 2nd is certainly doable.

My god Alloa and QOTS have done us huge favours today, how quickly things can change in football in 24hrs.

Excuse me if i'm getting far too carried away but do we think we could now be back in for the hunt for 1st, Dundee United in 2nd is certainly doable.
My god Alloa and QOTS have done us huge favours today, how quickly things can change in football in 24hrs.

Titles gone but 2nd place is still there however I’m not getting too comfy in the playoffs just yet.

Last night was our first win for awhile but we need to win our next 2 before we look above us.

Very good weekend. If ever there was a time for the fans to really get behind the team its now, 2nd place is far from gone and with a game against Dundee Utd coming up then who knows. I still think the title is lone gone but going into playoffs on good form would be vital.  Last night was a massive win and as has been said previously a lot of the players deserve a lot of credit considering the criticism they've had recently (even if it has been justified in some cases). Believe in McCall and the boys.

Aye, it goes without saying that it really has been a brilliant weekend for us. The only thing to make the set complete would of been Falkirk scoring a late winner in the Highlands.

The title is more than certainly gone but 2nd is now a realistic target. Win our three games in hand and we’ll go ahead of the DAB’s with us still to play them. If Ross County start to implode we need to make sure we’re in a position to take advantage. 

Went to see Stmirren v Dundee today one of who will be in the play offs, not very clever either of them so whoever gets in there  in the play offs will have a great chance.

Strangest thing  the big following of Dundee fans were amazing creating a great atmosphere before the kick off and really lifted the team. They  scored a good early goal and then lost an absolute howler of a goal and the whole set of Dundee fans went absolutely silent for the rest of the game, you could see the players were affected by this

Stmirren fans to there credit reallygot behind there team even when down 1-0 and that was the difference today the twelfth man for them.

IMHO we are a couple of wins off securing 4th as a minimum, the main thing for me is we need to get our early season form back soon to ensure we have a chance of doing something in the play offs. As others have said we win our 3 games in hand on DU we go above them in 2nd (and would put us 12 above Dunfermline) . However I dont think we should get hung up on finishing 2nd / 3rd / 4th its about winning the play off games, and sometimes it can be better to be playing and winning rather than having a week off. Either way there are 8 games to go before the play offs, and we need to have everyone at there best as with the number of midweek games its going to be a squad effort.

Edited by honestly united

25 minutes ago, honestly united said:

IMHO we are a couple of wins off securing 4th as a minimum, the main thing for me is we need to get our early season form back soon to ensure we have a chance of doing something in the play offs. As others have said we win our 3 games in hand on DU we go above them in 2nd (and would put us 12 above Dunfermline) . However I dont think we should get hung up on finishing 2nd / 3rd / 4th its about winning the play off games, and sometimes it can be better to be playing and winning rather than having a week off. Either way there are 8 games to go before the play offs, and we need to have everyone at there best as with the number of midweek games its going to be a squad effort.

Agree with most of this but can’t agree with you saying it doesn’t really matter where we finish. I think if we want promotion we need to be finishing 2nd. If you finish 3rd/3th you’d need to play an additional six games to gain promotion which is a really big ask.

The twice teams have been promoted via the playoffs (Livingston and Hamilton Accies) I’m pretty sure they’ve finished 2nd. 

Think the only advantage of finishing 3rd over 4th is the bonus of having the 2nd leg at home. 

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Agree with most of this but can’t agree with you saying it doesn’t really matter where we finish. I think if we want promotion we need to be finishing 2nd. If you finish 3rd/3th you’d need to play an additional six games to gain promotion which is a really big ask.

The twice teams have been promoted via the playoffs (Livingston and Hamilton Accies) I’m pretty sure they’ve finished 2nd. 

Think the only advantage of finishing 3rd over 4th is the bonus of having the 2nd leg at home. 

I think there are advantages to both sometimes having a week off before playing a team that has just won 2 games on the bounce with big wins and high on confidence doesn't go well, on the other hand if the team has sh!tfested there way through on penalties the confidence wont be too high and energy levels low playing a team has rested up over the week. Granted it will be playing ICT twice  before playing DU.

32 minutes ago, honestly united said:

I think there are advantages to both sometimes having a week off before playing a team that has just won 2 games on the bounce with big wins and high on confidence doesn't go well, on the other hand if the team has sh!tfested there way through on penalties the confidence wont be too high and energy levels low playing a team has rested up over the week. Granted it will be playing ICT twice  before playing DU.

With our size of squad, injury record and run of games coming up i would definitely be wanting to play as few games as possible 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

^This is a the crux of it tbh. We need to be 2nd if we're going to win the playoffs.

Need to get right in there on Tuesday night. Hopefully we will have a big noisy crowd. Need all hands on deck now as it's right into crunch time.

This squad deserves to give them, us and the club the very best chance of getting up.

Been such a memorable season(s) for so many reasons.

Just for a wee second.

Imagine it. Smell it. Taste it. Play-off winners.

OOOOOFT!!!!!

Need to get right in there on Tuesday night. Hopefully we will have a big noisy crowd. Need all hands on deck now as it's right into crunch time.

This squad deserves to give them, us and the club the very best chance of getting up.

Been such a memorable season(s) for so many reasons.

Just for a wee second.

Imagine it. Smell it. Taste it. Play-off winners.

OOOOOFT!!!!!

F*ck that we can still catch county!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Went to see Stmirren v Dundee today one of who will be in the play offs, not very clever either of them so whoever gets in there  in the play offs will have a great chance.
Strangest thing  the big following of Dundee fans were amazing creating a great atmosphere before the kick off and really lifted the team. They  scored a good early goal and then lost an absolute howler of a goal and the whole set of Dundee fans went absolutely silent for the rest of the game, you could see the players were affected by this
Stmirren fans to there credit reallygot behind there team even when down 1-0 and that was the difference today the twelfth man for them.
Looking forward to getting tour lot in the playoffs [emoji106]

I still think there’s a slight chance we could still finish 1st, if we can just keep winning and county can hit bad form, they’ve already lost their top scorer in McKay so won’t be easy for them and the fact they could have had the title won if they beat Dundee United and now there only 2 points clear the pressure is all on county

it's a massive cliche but it really is one game at a time - Friday was massive as if we had lost the chances are the fans would have totally lost faith and we would have fallen away.  Now that we have won we move onto Morton who are fresh off the back of a 0-3 home defeat so have to be low in confidence.  Based on the three previous meetings it will be tight.  Think I read that in the games we have scored first we have only dropped 2 points? Shows how important a good start is.