The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah but I’d think McCalls thinking would be it’s better someone else’s player sits on the bench rather than one of our own players.

However this is pretty much meaningless as McGuffie is still sitting on a bench just at another club.

Pretty sure McCalls thinking was more that Cadden could come straight in, make an impact in a problem area and help push us towards the title. Hopefully he can kick on further before the season ends

Pretty sure McCalls thinking was more that Cadden could come straight in, make an impact in a problem area and help push us towards the title. Hopefully he can kick on further before the season ends

Think that was more for Miller. I don’t believe that either were our first choice targets. I’m sure he’d have had Erskine, Scougall and Wright before Miller and Cadden.

3 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

If Cadden is the answer I'm not sure what the question is. I'd rather have McGuffie tbqh. 

Spoiler

Watch as Cadden starts and has a blinder tonight!

2 minutes ago, Iain said:

Why are our sponsor logos stickers tonight? Looks cheap and nasty. Harvie's is off already.

A few of the others looks like they are peeling as well. Need to get the iron out at half time. 

The ground as I reported a few weeks ago was getting a surveyors report done with the drilling being done in the car park, the surveyors actually turned up at Hawkhill but we pointed them to the direction of the car park at Somerset. At the same time as the drilling surveyors were in at heathfield where our new stadium was supposed to go so some things happening

The same Mr Kirkwood tried to buy the ground at Hawkhill bowling club  for an add on to his car park buy at Somerset but was turned down.

ah cheers. Hopefully his intentions are still good and this is just a speculative application. 

It is Allanvale Land Investments Ltd who have put the application in - owned by Jim Kirkwood! Might be an Ayr director but has questionable interest in the club rather than the ground it is built on!

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m pretty sure Vaughan was injured when he signed and is now out for the season and I wouldn’t say that McGuffie should ever be deployed as a striker.

I do think though that he should’ve been sent somewhere where it was guaranteed he got playing time but it doesn’t say much when he can’t get a start for Raith Rovers.

Vaughan got injured two days after McGuffie signed. He is now out for the season but I think it points to Raith not wanting McGuffie as anything other than an extra body they could turn to off the bench.

He's a pretty similar player to Nathan Flanagan and there probably isn't space for them both in the starting eleven. McGuffie will be returning to us in the summer and Flanagan is contracted to Raith until the end of next season; barring a spate of injuries, McGuffie isn't realistically going to be given the opportunity to force his way into the starting eleven ahead of Raith's established players who'll still be there after he's gone. There's more at play than just ability and I don't think it's as clear-cut as Raith are shite and McGuffie must be doing poorly if he can't get a start.

Also, for what it's worth, he'll never be a striker, but I see no reason why he couldn't play the Moffat role as the link between midfield and upfront. If anything I think he'd be better suited to it than playing out wide.

That was more like it tonight, not going to get carried away and say we're back but we've put ourselves right back into the mix when everyone was starting to rule us out.

Now just up to us to get a run going  into a huge final 8 games.

Edited by rb123!

9 minutes ago, rb123! said:

That was more like it tonight, not going to get carried away and say we're back but we've put ourselves right back into the mix when everyone was starting to rule us out.

Now just up to us to get a run going  into a huge final 8 games.

I thought Ayr were excellent tonight. For all Dunfermline looked poor that`s a great 3 points.

Can't see you missing the play offs now.

Being honest, when I saw the team sheet last night I was annoyed with McCall and I feared the worst, however it just goes to show what I know.

McCall basically went back to our early season tried and trusted lineup, with the exception of Forrest who's obviously not yet match sharp, and every single player performed for him and in all honesty it was like a return to our early season level of performance.

People will no doubt point to Dunfermline being poor, however this was again similar to when we were on our winning runs earlier and the bottom line is that we made them look poor. We dominated the match right from the start and Dunfermline just couldn't cope with our slick passing and movement, the only real negative was the fact that we could and should have been 3 or 4 ahead, however apart from their late flourish where they might have equalised, we thoroughly deserved the 3 points and nobody would argue with this.

Make no mistake, this victory was huge, not just in terms of the individual match and our league position but from the perspective of our confidence and that includes the fans as well as the players.

Six of our last eight matches are at Somerset and with a fully fit and firing squad the signs are good. Honestly, it's amazing what this one result may do for us, especially the way today's results are going.

United are back and if we keep playing like that then the dream could still be on...................

Both county and Dundee Utd losing! Too little too late to catch county but think we can car Utd?

We’re definitely capable of catching Dundee Utd. 3 games in hand and we’ve still to play them again.