The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Aye the game was the 1pm kick off.

I’m hopeful we can keep top 4 but it’s more likely it’ll be 3rd or 4th rather than 2nd. I’ve no idea what impact Stewart has had but he’s in charge of training I think along with Neil Scaly as McCall doesn’t take training.

Thanks for info. I don't think we will be joining you in the same league next season.  Always thought we sacked Sandy too early in the season and replaced him with Kenny (Stop the cross) Black whose other claim to fame in management was with Craig Levein and the 4-6-0 formation. Hope you have a good run at play offs. 

Sorry for intruding on an Ayr post. I saw Mark Kerr at Airdrie game at half time today so I am assuming your game was an early kick off? Can we have him as lucky mascot as we managed to win .  Will you keep a top four play off spot as the chase continues? How has Sandy Stewart been doing in your coaching team
Wonder if he was there watching any of your boys, Sandy's son maybe? Isn't he quite highly rated?

19 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah I’d think both Harvie and Ecrepont will be ahead of him. Might be wrong but I think he can also play centre back.

Grant Thorburn normally plays centre half for the reserves these days. 

6 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:
On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 19:51, Chapelhall chap said:
Sorry for intruding on an Ayr post. I saw Mark Kerr at Airdrie game at half time today so I am assuming your game was an early kick off? Can we have him as lucky mascot as we managed to win .  Will you keep a top four play off spot as the chase continues? How has Sandy Stewart been doing in your coaching team

Wonder if he was there watching any of your boys, Sandy's son maybe? Isn't he quite highly rated?

He has some good qualities but has been in and out of the side. He can't quite nail down a wing back role and is not good enough for defensive RB.  I think he is out of contract at end of season but it's more likely Mark Kerr, as a local lad, just wanted a game to watch.

Ayr pumped Raith reserves 5-0 tonight.
Goals from Mark McKenzie, Kieran McLaughlin, Luke McCowan, Leon Murphy and James Hilton

Raith claiming it was a strong team from us when in reality Hare-Reid, Hilton and McCowan are the only ones currently making the bench for us.

Can’t decide if I’d prefer a Dundee Utd win or a draw tonight. Think 2nd is close to being out of reach, but whilst the faint hope is still there it’s hard to want Dundee Utd to win.

Not too bothered so long as Dunfermline don’t win. 2nd would be good but the priority is staying above Dunfermline and getting into the playoffs.

According to AP Forrest, Geggan and Moore are all fit and back in the squad for Friday night. Jamie Adams is nursing a knee knock and may miss out. 

In other news McCall came out with a really strange statement. He says “I remember the feeling when we went to Forfar on the last day to stay up but this (what we are current achieving I presume) is even better” Well yes of course sitting mid table in the championship is better than narrowly avoiding relegation to league 2. 

16 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

According to AP Forrest, Geggan and Moore are all fit and back in the squad for Friday night. Jamie Adams is nursing a knee knock and may miss out. 

In other news McCall came out with a really strange statement. He says “I remember the feeling when we went to Forfar on the last day to stay up but this (what we are current achieving I presume) is even better” Well yes of course sitting mid table in the championship is better than narrowly avoiding relegation to league 2. 

He's possibly going back to his "peaking at the right time" rhetoric from that season, which we did in epic fashion ruining one of the biggest days in Forfar's history in the process.