The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

When has he said that?

I’m pretty sure he said on Off the Ball a couple of weeks ago he wasn’t leaving.

Also the fact that he’s handed out a few contract extensions in the last couple of months suggests he’ll be here next season unless things drastically change in the summer.

14 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I'm surprised and disappointed at the lack of Shankland for Scotland posts given today's events. :whistle

Although that's seen as a joke, Lewis Morgan was called up off the back of a good season in the Scottish Championship, so in reality it's not that ridiculous a shout, especially given the alternatives...........

Although that's seen as a joke, Lewis Morgan was called up off the back of a good season in the Scottish Championship, so in reality it's not that ridiculous a shout, especially given the alternatives...........

Was he?

I thought this was just his first time in the squad after doing well with Sunderland.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Was he?

I thought this was just his first time in the squad after doing well with Sunderland.

No, that was my point.

He's not "done well" with Sunderland as he's only played a couple of games in the league including sub appearances.

There's no doubt that his call up is due to him being a Celtic player but the only evidence of his quality is from his St Mirren appearances otherwise we'd know nothing about him.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lewis-morgan-sunderland-stakes-claim-15912984

No, that was my point.
He's not "done well" with Sunderland as he's only played a couple of games in the league including sub appearances.
There's no doubt that his call up is due to him being a Celtic player but the only evidence of his quality is from his St Mirren appearances otherwise we'd know nothing about him.
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lewis-morgan-sunderland-stakes-claim-15912984

He’s played 10 games since he joined and has started 6 of them. He’s only scored one goal but I thought he was actually doing quite well for them.

I don’t think it’s accurate to suggest he’s only getting a call up because he’s a Celtic player.

Had a look at the fixtures:

Inverness play Partick tonight and Alloa at home on Tuesday.

Dunfermline play Dundee United on Tuesday.

If results go against us we possibly will need to take at least a point next Friday night at EEP to avoid dropping out the playoffs.

20 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s played 10 games since he joined and has started 6 of them. He’s only scored one goal but I thought he was actually doing quite well for them.

I don’t think it’s accurate to suggest he’s only getting a call up because he’s a Celtic player.

It's the only thing I can think.

Looking at it realistically, he's played a few matches as a squad player for a League 1 English club who aren't even in the automatic promotion positions, that surely doesn't justify a call up to the national team ???

Meanwhile someone like Robert Snodgrass who's a first team regular for West Ham isn't getting a look in ??? Maybe he's retired or chucked it, who knows ?? but although I personally rate Lewis Morgan his inclusion based upon recent form is a very, very strange one imho..............

It's the only thing I can think.
Looking at it realistically, he's played a few matches as a squad player for a League 1 English club who aren't even in the automatic promotion positions, that surely doesn't justify a call up to the national team ???
Meanwhile someone like Robert Snodgrass who's a first team regular for West Ham isn't getting a look in ??? Maybe he's retired or chucked it, who knows ?? but although I personally rate Lewis Morgan his inclusion based upon recent form is a very, very strange one imho..............

The only thing I can think of with Snodgrass is the doping allegations he’s currently dealing with. He’s in the same bracket as Ritchie imo. Neither really did anything for Scotland and neither can probably be arsed anymore.

I’d have Snodgrass over Morgan if he was available though.

Had a look at the fixtures:

Inverness play Partick tonight and Alloa at home on Tuesday.

Dunfermline play Dundee United on Tuesday.

If results go against us we possibly will need to take at least a point next Friday night at EEP to avoid dropping out the playoffs.

I was having a pretty relaxing day and you’ve now got me panicking again.

Cheers for that.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I was having a pretty relaxing day and you’ve now got me panicking again.

Cheers for that.

On the other hand, Dunfermline are playing a right up for it Dundee Utd who need a win to cut the gap at the top, 3 days before we go there.   Could work out well. 

2 hours ago, Hursty said:

Doohan and Harvie start for Scotland u21s against Mexico.  Miller on bench

Clean sheet for Doohan and Harvie in a 0-0 draw, with Scotland missing a penalty with the last kick of the ball 

Where was the story on Murdoch re-signing ?  I've had a rake around but can't see anything and also nothing on the official site.

Excellent news obviously as one of our key players who I honestly thought we'd be struggling to keep.