The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Chances of second now look slim after that result tonight.

Dunno

Like us Dundee United have a habit of struggling against lower opposition so I wouldn’t say there’s no chance. At the moment though I’d bite your hand off for 4th.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Dunno

Like us Dundee United have a habit of struggling against lower opposition so I wouldn’t say there’s no chance. At the moment though I’d bite your hand off for 4th.

Disappointing that we can't do anything about it apart from sit about waiting for another 10 days before we kick a ball.

5 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Can’t help but feel McCall might be using this as a potential confidence booster. Hoping that an easy win whilst scoring a few goals will lift the spirits.

Yeah, let's hope that's how it plays out.

Although,  if he was wanting to lift spirits then it'd have been the safer option to just take them to Culzean Castle for the day,  then an ice cream at Renaldo's.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dunno

United struggle against Ayr. Our record against everyone else is the best in the division (maybe on a par with County - it's getting late and I can't be arsed checking).

McCall saying in AP that everyone will get a run out on Saturday against BSC Glasgow.

Also bemoaning our luck with the fixture pile up and not too happy with all the Friday night games.

Full squad coming back though at the right time with Forrest, Geggan and Moore all back for Dunfermline apparently.

25 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Full squad coming back though at the right time with Forrest, Geggan and Moore all back for Dunfermline apparently.

That is excellent news, we will be able to change it up. Hopefully we get our mojo back for the run in. :thumsup2

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:
20 minutes ago, Trogdor said:
That is excellent news, we will be able to change it up. Hopefully we get our mojo back for the run in. :thumsup2

Get the feeling the run in is only going to go one of two ways, brilliant or terribly.

Would agree with that, it'll either be glorious or a car crash in slow motion. Hopefully, its the former, starting with a win at Dunfermline a week on Friday.  

20 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Davie Winters and Ryan McStay play for BSC I’m sure.

Absolutely right although Ryan has been out for a while, taking some time away from football I believe. McCall will be bringing a full squad so it should be a good game.

10 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Second was gone long before last night. We’re destined to finish 5th. 

I fear you are correct.

However, I still have hope of the playoffs and maybe even 2nd. I could be insane though...

Bit of a concerning article with Lewis Grant in the AP discussing strains on cash flow due to six weeks without a home game.

Also says BBC games give no financial benefit to the club, most likely the opposite effect.

40 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Bit of a concerning article with Lewis Grant in the AP discussing strains on cash flow due to six weeks without a home game.

Also says BBC games give no financial benefit to the club, most likely the opposite effect.

Not in the least bit surprising, this was also mentioned in the Sunday papers as we have cash flow issues due to our lack of recent home gates.

I believe the Premier league teams gain the biggest benefit from us being inconvenienced by the crazy 7pm Friday night kick offs on BBC and whoever agreed on the Championship clubs behalf should be hung drawn and quartered.

I think it's something to do with a deal where all the TV rights get pooled and then added to the prize pot payout, so the higher up in your respective league that you finish the better, even though the actual TV coverage has no direct impact upon you. I could be wrong on this though but I'm sure I read this somewhere ??

Your club shouldn't have got a home Saturday game called off because they were shiting it then. 

Consider yourself lucky it got called off otherwise you’d have been without “the best young goalie in Scotland”.

You’re welcome.

20 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Not in the least bit surprising, this was also mentioned in the Sunday papers as we have cash flow issues due to our lack of recent home gates.

I believe the Premier league teams gain the biggest benefit from us being inconvenienced by the crazy 7pm Friday night kick offs on BBC and whoever agreed on the Championship clubs behalf should be hung drawn and quartered.

I think it's something to do with a deal where all the TV rights get pooled and then added to the prize pot payout, so the higher up in your respective league that you finish the better, even though the actual TV coverage has no direct impact upon you. I could be wrong on this though but I'm sure I read this somewhere ??

Well yes, it's exactly that. I expect the Premiership clubs will be happy to let us keep all the money from Championship tv coverage and split it amongst ourselves if we let them do the same with all the money from Premiership tv coverage. I doubt the Championship clubs will be net beneficiaries from that arrangement!