The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

13 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

From our remaining games I think if we manage to win 3 or 4 of them we’ll probably be in the playoffs. 

I also don’t buy the argument about having a small squad. When everyone is fit we have a squad of 23(3 of them currently out on loan) plus some youngsters. If anything I’d say we have a larger than most squad in the league. 

Our squad is big enough and full of quality, ok, we've not been setting the heather alight in recent weeks but our players haven't all suddenly turned into league 1 jobbers, I'd also say that Cadden and Miller are also quality additions even though both and especially Cadden, haven't shown what we'd hoped.

Who knows, maybe this enforced break will help the guys get their confidence back and should also help Alan Forrest get back to full fitness who has been a player we've really missed in recent months.

The bottom line is that we're going into our next match in 3rd place with a minimum 4 point cushion to 4th and are still only 3 points behind second place, whatever way you look at it we should be full of confidence especially as we now have virtually a fully fit squad and all of our key players back from injury.

#believeintheayrshireaces

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Who knows, maybe this enforced break will help the guys get their confidence back and should also help Alan Forrest get back to full fitness who has been a player we've really missed in recent months.

I'm looking forward to Forrest's return. His two goals against Dunfermline earlier in the season feels like a lifetime ago now!

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Any word on when the queens rearranged game will be?

It's very frustrating that we don't have a game for over 10 days. Understandable, but very frustrating.

If it isn't played before 29th March we'll go three weeks without kicking a ball from Falkirk away to Dunfermline away. 

Then over the following three weeks into April we'll play 4 games but probably 5 if you include Queens game.

43 minutes ago, rb123! said:

If it isn't played before 29th March we'll go three weeks without kicking a ball from Falkirk away to Dunfermline away. 

Then over the following three weeks into April we'll play 4 games but probably 5 if you include Queens game.

Our next game is Dunfermline away on 29th due to international call ups , the only good thing is that Dunfermline are in the same position. 

On 16/03/2019 at 17:25, Honest_Man#1 said:

D’Jaffo has put it nicer than me, so I’ll just stick with my initial thought.

Get over it, it’s not in any way a spurious reason to cancel a game for internationals.

I’ve never argued that Ayr were wrong to request a postponement.  On the contrary, they have done the right thing.  We shouldn’t have to play a game when 3 likely starters are unavailable.  My point is, and always has been, that this situation should never have arisen.   The SPFL have taken a decision to schedule games over the international break (quite reasonably) but as has always been the case in Scottish football, they haven’t spoken to the SFA to come to some agreement on player selection for under 21 friendlies resulting in games having to be postponed.  Simplest solution would have been to exclude players from selection who are involved in competitive fixtures that weekend.   

It’s also worth remembering that if we only had 2 players selected, we’d have been forced to play the game, with Doohan in particular being pretty much irreplaceable.

If you disagree, so be it, but I find it hard to believe that you or Djaffo are too gormless to grasp the point I was making. 

Edited by Mgc1910

1 minute ago, Mgc1910 said:

I’ve never argued that Ayr were wrong to request a postponement.  On the contrary, they have done the right thing.  We shouldn’t have to play a game when 3 likely starters are unavailable.  My point is, and always has been, that this situation should never have arisen.   The SPFL have taken a decision to schedule games over the international break (quite reasonably) but as has always been the case in Scottish football, they haven’t spoken to the SFA to come to some agreement on player selection for under 21 friendlies resulting in games having to be postponed.  Simplest solution would have been to exclude players from selection who are involved in competitive fixtures that weekend.   

It’s also worth remembering that if we only had 2 players selected, we’d have been forced to play the game, with Doohan in particular being pretty much irreplaceable.

If you disagree, so be it, but I find it hard to believe that you or Djaffo are to gormless to grasp the point I was making. 

SPFL obviously think the championship is garbage and not going to have any young quality players in it who can getcalled up to lower age group international teams.

I think on weekends of internationals the championship shouldn't have fixtures scheduled just like the premiership dont, this is a fine example why they shouldn't because it just becomes a mess.

If you disagree, so be it, but I find it hard to believe that you or Djaffo are too gormless to grasp the point I was making. 

I get the point you are making as it was brought up at the time but I still disagree.

I wouldn’t be against Championship matches going on a break along with the Premiership games as there’s now a few players in our league getting call ups and as you said had it only been 2 then it could’ve been a problem although Harvie was always likely to get a call up even if he has been poor in recent weeks.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I get the point you are making as it was brought up at the time but I still disagree.

I wouldn’t be against Championship matches going on a break along with the Premiership games as there’s now a few players in our league getting call ups and as you said had it only been 2 then it could’ve been a problem although Harvie was always likely to get a call up even if he has been poor in recent weeks.

I would also make the point that given their respective ages, it is unlikely that Miller, Doohan or Harvie will be involved in further competitive fixtures for the under 21s.  We didn’t qualify for the euros in June and they will all be over age by the time the next qualifying campaign rolls round.   

I would also make the point that given their respective ages, it is unlikely that Miller, Doohan or Harvie will be involved in further competitive fixtures for the under 21s.  We didn’t qualify for the euros in June and they will all be over age by the time the next qualifying campaign rolls round.   

The next qualifying campaign is for the Under 21 Euros and it begins this year. Any players born on the 1st January 1998 or after are eligible, which they all are.

34 minutes ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

What competition would this be in? Or just a friendly?

Maybe we're starting next seasons Irn Bru Cup early to get it out the way..............

1 hour ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

What competition would this be in? Or just a friendly?

Friendly i presume, likely McCall will play the first team likely to keep match sharpness up due to no game for three weeks and the fact they're allowing a crowd in.

Friendly i presume, likely McCall will play the first team likely to keep match sharpness up due to no game for three weeks and the fact they're allowing a crowd in.

Davie Winters and Ryan McStay play for BSC I’m sure.