The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

56 minutes ago, Stan Quinn said:

Without doubt Rose and Adams are our strongest central defenders.  Bell is not in the same league. Muirhead is strong and hopefully he will develop as a player at Ayr but he was poor at Falkirk. 

As for Jamie being a bombscare - well what nonsence as before his injury he was a rock in our defence. Also, why would anyone want our best full back playing out of position. Liam Smith who has been immense is a RB and not a LB.

Get behind whatever team is selected and we can grab 3 pts today. We are due to give Queens a doing.

It will be interesting to see how Adams gets on based on our current form. Before his injury our clinical finishing was winning games meaning a lot of issues were papered over. A lot more is being asked of our defence nowadays and whilst Adams has played very well I’m not really sure he’s a central defender. Bell might not be in the same league as others but seems the best at steadying things and getting big games out of Rose

It's all opinions, but in mine Bell up until a few weeks ago was one of our most solid and consistent performers and again in my opinion Rose looked a far more assured player with Bell alongside him.

I also find it rather bizarre that some of our fans have already written off our play off chances ??

I know it can be hard work at time supporting Ayr, however this is STILL one of our best ever seasons in the modern era and I think some folk should really get a grip !!!

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

It's all opinions, but in mine Bell up until a few weeks ago was one of our most solid and consistent performers and again in my opinion Rose looked a far more assured player with Bell alongside him.

I also find it rather bizarre that some of our fans have already written off our play off chances ??

I know it can be hard work at time supporting Ayr, however this is STILL one of our best ever seasons in the modern era and I think some folk should really get a grip !!!

I have written off getting a play off place however I still think it’s one of our best seasons in a long while. Finishing fifth would also be a great effort imo. Sadly on this occasion it’s probably more about what other teams do now than having it within our control. Some large teams had a dreadful start to the season but have finally got their acts together

We’re only 3 points behind 2nd, if we can manage to win 2 games in a row and try to go on a run of good form then I don’t see why we can’t finish 2nd

18 minutes ago, superayr_1910 said:

We’re only 3 points behind 2nd, if we can manage to win 2 games in a row and try to go on a run of good form then I don’t see why we can’t finish 2nd

Totally agree, QOS have lost their last 7 in a row and have a few selection problems, on the other hand we've got Forrest back, Shankland starting to look a bit fitter and hopefully this could be the perfect game to kick start our season.

Also, to add to the intrigue, Dunfermline play Dundee Utd today, so if things go our way we could be back to 2nd place or alternatively 6 points clear of Dunfermline or a draw would see us gain 2 points on both of them with us winning.

This COULD be the biggest game of our season for many reasons...............

Totally agree, QOS have lost their last 7 in a row and have a few selection problems, on the other hand we've got Forrest back, Shankland starting to look a bit fitter and hopefully this could be the perfect game to kick start our season.
Also, to add to the intrigue, Dunfermline play Dundee Utd today, so if things go our way we could be back to 2nd place or alternatively 6 points clear of Dunfermline or a draw would see us gain 2 points on both of them with us winning.
This COULD be the biggest game of our season for many reasons...............

Definitely a big game can’t afford to drop any points today, that’s if it’s on tbf

Every chance Dunfermline can draw level with us by 5 o’clock.

As an aside almost all of our midweek rearranged games have been at home which is shite for the club. Knocks a good few hundred off the gate every time.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Not quite sure how you’ve worked that one.

Because postponing games for spurious reasons when they can likely be postponed at this time of year due to cup replays and bad weather is nuts.  Yet another Saturday afternoon with no match when we are trying to encourage people to attend, not to mention the cumulative financial impact of losing four home Saturday games in recent weeks.  

Because postponing games for spurious reasons when they can likely be postponed at this time of year due to cup replays and bad weather is nuts.  Yet another Saturday afternoon with no match when we are trying to encourage people to attend, not to mention the cumulative financial impact of losing four home Saturday games in recent weeks.  

Let me make this abundantly clear.

There is absolutely no correlation between today’s game being called off and next weeks game being called off. None. Zilch.

And contrary to what you may think there’s nothing spurious about the international fixtures regardless of what age group it is.

3 hours ago, Mgc1910 said:

Re-confirms the absurdity of our game against Morton being postponed due to an U21 friendly.

D’Jaffo has put it nicer than me, so I’ll just stick with my initial thought.

Get over it, it’s not in any way a spurious reason to cancel a game for internationals.

Just looked at the calendar there and it looks like we’re going to have 7 games in 4 weeks throughout April provided the QOTS game is rescheduled during that month which would appear likely.

We’ve got ourselves into a situation where we may not get play offs and all those games in a short period of time won’t do us any good in turning it round what with us having a pretty thin squad.

How many points do folk reckon we’ll need to pick up to finish in the top 4?

Just looked at the calendar there and it looks like we’re going to have 7 games in 4 weeks throughout April provided the QOTS game is rescheduled during that month which would appear likely.

We’ve got ourselves into a situation where we may not get play offs and all those games in a short period of time won’t do us any good in turning it round what with us having a pretty thin squad.

It could be beneficial if we pick up form!

However I can’t think of anything worse than 2 games a week getting fucked from pillar to post

However I can’t think of anything worse than 2 games a week getting fucked from pillar to post

That’s a big “if”

I think today was an opportunity to pick up 3 points against the only team on worse form than ourselves. Not looking forward to Dunfermline in a couple of weeks.

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

If form doesn't pick up I''d rather get it over with than stretching it our for  weeks.

On the other hand it may work to our advantage with getting the injured players up to speed.

Considering we still are where we are  after such a poor run it's possible we could get top four off the back of other teams bricking it.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I'd reckon 15 - 20 points to be safely in the play offs, maybe slightly less if we scrape ourway into it, looks like we'll have a full squad for the dunfermline game which will give us the best part of a 20 man squad which i wouldn't say is too small considering what it has been like at other stages this season. 

It's just a matter of putting two wins together, if we do that i reckon we can have a good run of form to the end of the season and Dunfermline certainly aren't world beaters so we shouldn't head up to EEP too worried but atm it's a case of which team will turn up. 

I know we've been garbage for a few months now but for most of it we were still picking up draws, unfortunately now we've picked the worst possible time of the season to go on a losing streak.

19 hours ago, rb123! said:

I'd reckon 15 - 20 points to be safely in the play offs, maybe slightly less if we scrape ourway into it, looks like we'll have a full squad for the dunfermline game which will give us the best part of a 20 man squad which i wouldn't say is too small considering what it has been like at other stages this season. 

It's just a matter of putting two wins together, if we do that i reckon we can have a good run of form to the end of the season and Dunfermline certainly aren't world beaters so we shouldn't head up to EEP too worried but atm it's a case of which team will turn up. 

I know we've been garbage for a few months now but for most of it we were still picking up draws, unfortunately now we've picked the worst possible time of the season to go on a losing streak.

From our remaining games I think if we manage to win 3 or 4 of them we’ll probably be in the playoffs. 

I also don’t buy the argument about having a small squad. When everyone is fit we have a squad of 23(3 of them currently out on loan) plus some youngsters. If anything I’d say we have a larger than most squad in the league.