The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Great day and I forgot how much I liked Billy Findlay !!

On a side note, the Partick fans showed some real class after that match wishing us all the best and good luck for the following season, which is something that always sticks with me regarding good sportsmanship.

One of them wanted to fight my granda (he isn't wide like me) after it.  Was my first delicious taste of opposition tears.  

Feels like things are going to get worse before they get better after tonight, not just with the result but with the fans and what McCall said about them, which is another issue we could be doing without at the moment, but it's not entirely unexpected after the run we're on. God help us if qos lose tomorrow and beat us the week after.

34 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Feels like things are going to get worse before they get better after tonight, not just with the result but with the fans and what McCall said about them, which is another issue we could be doing without at the moment, but it's not entirely unexpected after the run we're on. God help us if qos lose tomorrow and beat us the week after.

Just to it and interesting from McCall to say the least.

McCall will obviously have built up an intolerance to the booing towards him since it’s been happening on and off since we were last in the Championship.

I don’t think the fans were booing McCowan but instead McCalls decision to bring Moffat off. Don’t see why as he was having a poor game and of the strikers it was either him or Hilton.

Things are getting strained amongst the support which is understandable given we’re on a poor run but it’s over the top to be having any talk of getting rid of McCall. People may not like his tactics, team selection or his general demeanour but he’s brought us this far and that should count for something.

I feel however top 4 (if we get it) is as far as he’ll want to take us and leave at the end of the season. If Thistle get rid of Caldwell he’ll be a shoe in for that job which will suit him.

I would be gutted too see the manager go tbh .we wouldn't get anyone better .

Well you’d never know until he leaves and you see who we replace him with but there’s no name that springs to mind that would be an outstanding candidate.

I’m of the opinion that if we miss out on the playoffs then it’s probably best if McCall moves on. While the first part of the season was outstanding and probably the most I’ve enjoyed watching an Ayr team, the meltdown from October onwards has been horrid and his inability to learn from his mistakes (constantly playing Crawford our wide) concerns me greatly. 

Before anyone asks I have no idea who would replace him, it would be a case of seeing who applied however I would rather it was someone with experience assisted by one of the older guys like Higgins or Kerr. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

I’m of the opinion that if we miss out on the playoffs then it’s probably best if McCall moves on. While the first part of the season was outstanding and probably the most I’ve enjoyed watching an Ayr team, the meltdown from October onwards has been horrid and his inability to learn from his mistakes (constantly playing Crawford our wide) concerns me greatly. 
Before anyone asks I have no idea who would replace him, it would be a case of seeing who applied however I would rather it was someone with experience assisted by one of the older guys like Higgins or Kerr. 

Yeah I agree

Over the past his tenure has had its ups and downs but generally he’ll be remembered as successful imo.

You’d hope after Roberts we wouldn’t appoint someone with no experience but you’d need to see who was interested.

There is also the fact that any replacement would have to be brought in pretty quickly so he could bring in his own players. We’ll already have Shankland, Rose and Smith leaving and I can see a few others if McCall goes so it would be a big rebuilding job for whoever comes in.

Looks like we have too many with an eye on contracts for next season, though ironically Shankland is one of the few still busting a gut for us.  Smith, Rose and Murdoch barely broke sweat.  Constantly blaming Crawford is a bit of s nonsense.  He isn’t a wide midfielder but has had to play there due to a lack of options.  Cadden and Miller were brought in to help but have contributed absolutely nothing, pushing us back to McDaid.  Miller in particular seems to have genuine pedigree so I can only assume he is giving us Scott McKenna levels of application.  Couple all that with the diminishing influence of our experienced players due to injury and general leg weariness and we have a right mess on our hands.  

Looks like we have too many with an eye on contracts for next season, though ironically Shankland is one of the few still busting a gut for us.  Smith, Rose and Murdoch barely broke sweat.  Constantly blaming Crawford is a bit of s nonsense.  He isn’t a wide midfielder but has had to play there due to a lack of options.  Cadden and Miller were brought in to help but have contributed absolutely nothing, pushing us back to McDaid.  Miller in particular seems to have genuine pedigree so I can only assume he is giving us Scott McKenna levels of application.  Couple all that with the diminishing influence of our experienced players due to injury and general leg weariness and we have a right mess on our hands.  
Would drop the 3 of them. Last night reminded me of when we were relegated at Morton, empty shirts all over the park with a select few still busting guts.

Would agree with Shankland busting a gut still, both him and Moff were being pressed hard last night so lack of supply from the wide players really killed us.

Watched the game on TV last night. Really poor stuff. My wife, who was watching it with me asked me why the players looked like they'd given up and why was no one putting in any effort. Pretty much summed it up apart from maybe a couple of players. Really can't believe how bad we've become. Hopefully we can turn it round soon.