The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The curse of success, eh? (Well, compared to previous seasons in the Championship this season has been a major triumph).

What became of the "Make Us Dream" flag? I saw it at the playoff game back in 2016 and thought it was a pretty good effort. Maybe it's time to bring it back.

On 04/03/2019 at 23:51, itzdrk said:

Seems pointless?  Either scrap entirely or not at all. 

It's a sad state the game's now in when fans of 2nd tier teams don't even value the Scottish Cup.

I don't really understand it to be honest............

18 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It's a sad state the game's now in when fans of 2nd tier teams don't even value the Scottish Cup.

I don't mind the Scottish or League cups but the challenge cup should be thrown into the sea given there are no active volcanoes in Scotland. 
Would rather those fixtures were used to facilitate a larger league instead of having 4 small leagues. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

See the club won their legal battle with Jonathan Tiffoney.

He’s been ordered to pay £4000 in legal fees.

I'm trying not to laugh.. but can't help but think only fair. 

What's this about? 

When Tiffoney was an Ayr player Dundee wanted to sign him but we were due compensation for him. Dundee didn’t want to cough up so we held onto his player registration.

He left Ayr in a huff and signed for Alloa on an amateur contract for a wee while before going to Ireland and then coming back for a second spell at Alloa and then Brechin.

Not quite sure why he thought he’d have a chance in hell of winning given Ayr were following league rules but I don’t think he’s very bright. He was on the sex offenders register for passing about naked pics of his girlfriend.

21 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Our 2 remaining games against Dundee Utd and Ross County will be shown on the tele on the Friday night before the games were due to be played.

:(:thumbsdown:(

Just f**k right off

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

See the club won their legal battle with Jonathan Tiffoney.

He’s been ordered to pay £4000 in legal fees.

:lol::thumsup2:lol:

Get it right up the wee dick. 

The classic bad news...good news scenario

Edited by I'm Brian

6 hours ago, WATTOO said:

No, I meant scrap replays entirely or not at all.  Pointless setting some arbitrary point to stop doing them.  

16 hours ago, itzdrk said:

No, I meant scrap replays entirely or not at all.  Pointless setting some arbitrary point to stop doing them.  

Yes, I'd agree with that. Personally I think we should keep replays as it always gives the smaller teams a chance of a windfall if they're playing one of the big boys.

I never buy all this modern rubbish about "too many games" etc, as we play less football now than at any other time in the past, plus all the teams have far bigger squads than they ever had previously so they should be able to cope without too many REAL issues.

36 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

The game between us has now been rescheduled to Tuesday 23rd April which means 2 games against each other back to back. 

If we could swap the Saturday to Somerset that would be perfect...

13 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

If we could swap the Saturday to Somerset that would be perfect...

I'm in the hospitality at Firhill for the Saturday 27th game so that one better not somehow end up getting moved for TV or any other reason haha

11 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

The game between us has now been rescheduled to Tuesday 23rd April which means 2 games against each other back to back. 

Two chances to relegate you?  Erect. 

4 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

Relegate Partick you say...

Just shy of the 21st anniversary of this tremendous day

Great day and I forgot how much I liked Billy Findlay !!

On a side note, the Partick fans showed some real class after that match wishing us all the best and good luck for the following season, which is something that always sticks with me regarding good sportsmanship.