The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

46 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The vast majority of players in the squad are Premiership players or guys who are based in England, none of whom have competitive games. Two of the Ayr United players involved are on loan from top flight clubs too, and one of them only joined the club less than five weeks ago, which was probably after the fixture was scheduled.

It's ludicrous to suggest that the SFA should not organise any U21 (or other youth team) fixtures during the international breaks, just in case the squad contains a handful of lower league players from the same club and a single match has to be postponed.

We are extremely lucky that three were picked.  

Andy Robertson moved from the 3rd Division to the Premiership in July 2013, made his U21 debut in October 2013 and then made his senior debut in March 2014. I'm not sure how many U21 caps you would have expected him to get in that period.
Scott Gemmill played a different position to Alex McLeish.

Not to mention James McCarthy has barely played 20 games in 3 years so I’m not sure how much use he’d be.

We are extremely lucky that three were picked.  

I’m baffled that Daniel Harvie got a call up.

I like the guy and think he’ll do well but he’s been rancid for a couple of months now.

It's an international weekend.  Just about every team in Europe will have a game or two i'd guess.  I'm all for slating the SFA but to it in this instance is laughable. 

I was right up for this game as had a whole big day out planned with family plus friends down from Greenock, but i'm choosing to be happy that 3 of our players are included than go off on an OF like rant about how meaningless international fitba is. 

Re: Harvie - he's been in the u19/20/21 squad for a couple of years now I think so they obviously rate him within the system.   There's every chance they've not actually seen him play much in the last couple of months haha!

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m baffled that Daniel Harvie got a call up.

I like the guy and think he’ll do well but he’s been rancid for a couple of months now.

Aye me too, but it's a blessing he was.  It's shite the game isn't a Saturday but missing Doohan and Miller would have been far from ideal also.  

12 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Partick game next Tuesday will be off, ffs man, incoming end of season fixture pile up

Looks like your club shouldn't have officially shat out of playing on a free Saturday just hours before tonight's cup tie then. 

Aye me too, but it's a blessing he was.  It's shite the game isn't a Saturday but missing Doohan and Miller would have been far from ideal also.  

With Miller we could’ve stumbled through with Cadden or McDaid but I wouldn’t want Hare-Reid thrown in at this stage of the season.

Looks like your club shouldn't have officially shat out of playing on a free Saturday just hours before tonight's cup tie then. 

Diddums

I take you won’t be making the midweek journey to Ayr then?

This is a prime example of why there shouldn't be replays so late on in the Scottish cup.

FA cup have changed the rules in the last year so quarter finals go straight to extra time, need to do the same up here.

43 minutes ago, rb123! said:

This is a prime example of why there shouldn't be replays so late on in the Scottish cup.

FA cup have changed the rules in the last year so quarter finals go straight to extra time, need to do the same up here.

Seems pointless?  Either scrap entirely or not at all. 

The curse of being so #bigtime
Wonder if it'll affect POTY, supposed to be after the Ross County game on the Saturday which has been moved, plus Partick game still needs rescheduled to a Tuesday night which we are fast running out of.