The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

35 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Think that’s County got the league, we really need to focus ourselves and try to get 2nd. We’re not going up if we’ve to play 6 games IMO.

I’m not conceding the title just yet but if we don’t go up to Dingwall and win on Tuesday night then it’s over. 

Crawford is dreadful on the wing. I don't quite understand why McCall keeps playing him there tbh.

He wasn't the only one who was dreadful today though. Harvie, Cadden, Rose & Bell were vying for that accolade too.

Edited by Trogdor

Crawford is an imposter , totally dreadful player only backed by the social media warriors, no goals no assists no tackles no heart...best kept secret apparently ha ha ha 
Far too harsh, as is often the case when Crawford is discussed.

He's a ball player, passing and moving, he's better than anyone we've got at that when in full flow. But he's absolutely not a winger.

And as stated above, he wasn't as bad as harvie or cadden today.

Just seen we've only won 2 in the last 11, Jesus, knew we'd been shite for a while but didn't realise it was that bad form wise.

Safe to say the last quarter has been one to forget, let's hope the final quarter of the season can be as good as the first.

1 hour ago, Mod1967 said:

Crawford is an imposter , totally dreadful player only backed by the social media warriors, no goals no assists no tackles no heart...best kept secret apparently ha ha ha 

It is normally only "social media warriors" that slaughter him every week. 

No complaints with results the last two weeks. Look miles off it. Interested to see Moffat hasn't come in for any criticism yet. In my opinion he has been cold dugshite for about 2 months (Alloa game notwithstanding).

It is normally only "social media warriors" that slaughter him every week. 
No complaints with results the last two weeks. Look miles off it. Interested to see Moffat hasn't come in for any criticism yet. In my opinion he has been cold dugshite for about 2 months (Alloa game notwithstanding).
I thought moffat was one of our better performers today (although that's not saying much).

3 hours ago, wuffster said:

Interested to see Moffat hasn't come in for any criticism yet. In my opinion he has been cold dugshite for about 2 months (Alloa game notwithstanding).

Sacrilege!

If Moffat has been cold dugshite, christ knows what cold excrement that makes Moore! And a great many others for that matter... (other than Shankland, Murdoch & Doohan)

We we're badly missing fight in the middle of the pitch yesterday, Crawford out wide .it does not work .kerr back might help this issue as he can find a pass out of nothing .We're also needing someone that can have a shot(on target) from outside the box . We need a back up plan .When team's sit in we don't have a clue. 

^Agree with all of that.

This season is starting to become an anti climax. Obviously we have exceeded expectations but the indifferent form we are in is starting to have an effect. Look at yesterday's attendance only 1820 home fans.

We need to find our mojo again and fast, a settled 11 would help. McCall seems to have turned into Ranieri with his tinkering. 

34 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

We we're badly missing fight in the middle of the pitch yesterday, Crawford out wide .it does not work .kerr back might help this issue as he can find a pass out of nothing .We're also needing someone that can have a shot(on target) from outside the box . We need a back up plan .When team's sit in we don't have a clue. 

That's about it for me too. I thought Miller did well when he came on and I would have had him in instead of Crawford from the start, with either Crawford in the middle in place of Bell, or on the bench.

In fairness I wasn't too upset at our line up when announced yesterday, however we just lacked a spark, I also don't think the pitch is helping us with the type of football we like to play.

I don't know if anyone else agrees but I said to my mates yesterday that Moffat & Shankland seem to be about 20 yards deeper than they were at the start of the season, so instead of linking up inside the box and presenting each other with a scoring chance, they're linking up about 35 yards from goal with a wall of players in front of them and nowhere to go. It's as if we're thinking too much about the game rather than just playing everything naturally the way we were in the early parts of the season.

I still think that we're missing Forrest terribly as he's an excellent link player who adds something a little different and also Kerr dictating play with his pinpoint passing has also been a big miss. I was pleased to see Cadden get a start, however he played almost identically to McDaid and didn't really offer anything different.

As it was, I didn't think Dunfermline were any better than us yesterday and without the penalty it had another 0-0 written all over it.

As for the criticism of Moffat, I'd actually go as far as saying that he's been one of our best performers over the last 4 or 5 weeks and if anything Shankland has looked off the pace since his return.

Anyway, hopefully with a bit of space granted to us we'll go up to Dingwall on Tuesday and smash Ross County which will have us all back on side again, here's hoping...............

Someone back me up here, having an argument with my mate. I remember a couple of seasons ago the burger van between SRE and North Terracing did donner meat but he’s saying this never happend. Someone please confirm they also remember this. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Someone back me up here, having an argument with my mate. I remember a couple of seasons ago the burger van between SRE and North Terracing did donner meat but he’s saying this never happend. Someone please confirm they also remember this. 

I never remember that i'm not gonna lie, i've never ever saw donner meat being selling at any ground i've been too. 

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Steaming. 

10 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

A pie is bad enough from that van never mind donner meat .

I seem too recall pakora been sold at it .remember their used too be a burger van in the sre in the corner before you go through the gate too north terrace. That must have been 20 years ago