The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Anyone got any further details on our trialists ?

It's not as if we're short in squad depth these days but we could do with starting to build for next season as soon as possible.

Just in case we're left with only 4 signed players come the summer, which of course is entirely possible, irrespective of what league we are playing in.

12 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Cheers folks, didn't realise it was in the paper as I only told the lottery staff and I only buy the paper on a Saturday. It's a drop in the ocean compared to the annual wage bill but every little helps and all that. 

I'm getting a wee day out in the directors box on Saturday by way of thanks so hopefully a victory will give me a chance of grinning smugly at Dunfermline's management after the game :thumsup2

Good old Angus enjoy Saturday sir :thumsup2

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3907646/paul-scholes-lawrence-shankland-oldham-ayr/

Paul Scholes at Oldham wanting to sign Shankland, don't know how Shankland talks with Swansea have gone, if anywhere.

I think he’s capable of playing at a far higher level than League 2. Although he may pick a club where he’s likely to get playing every week over a bigger pay check.

If he goes to Oldham I’ll be absolutely furious/gutted.

Nah I won’t be angry wherever he goes (unless it’s Killie) but it would certainly be underwhelming after clubs like Swansea were mentioned.

My guess is they are interested but the story is being hyped up simply because Paul Scholes is a big name and they want clicks.

21 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Nah I won’t be angry wherever he goes (unless it’s Killie) but it would certainly be underwhelming after clubs like Swansea were mentioned.

My guess is they are interested but the story is being hyped up simply because Paul Scholes is a big name and they want clicks.

If he wants a Scotland call up he needs to be aiming far higher than fucking Oldham. 

If he wants a Scotland call up he needs to be aiming far higher than fucking Oldham. 

You’ve missed my point. I’m sure Oldham are one of 30 clubs interested. It’s only a story because of who the manager is.

If he goes to Swansea and doesn’t get a game that won’t help him get a Scotland call up either mind you.

I think he’s capable of playing at a far higher level than League 2. Although he may pick a club where he’s likely to get playing every week over a bigger pay check.
Should be aiming higher than Oldham in league 2, thought they were I'm league 1. Depends though how much money they could offer him, probably still a lot more than us and depends if he'd want to work under a guy in the game like Paul Scholes.

Still think he'll go to Swansea.

23 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Cheers folks, didn't realise it was in the paper as I only told the lottery staff and I only buy the paper on a Saturday. It's a drop in the ocean compared to the annual wage bill but every little helps and all that. 

I'm getting a wee day out in the directors box on Saturday by way of thanks so hopefully a victory will give me a chance of grinning smugly at Dunfermline's management after the game :thumsup2

What a selfless gesture, Angus. Well done mate!

Not suggesting this, but can you imagine if every weekly winner did the same - an extra £52,000 in the playing budget each year. What a difference that could make.

I think most winners are people that don't normally attend football games but are happy to support the local club in this way. That's my impression anyway.

In an ideal world we would have no need for an AU500 fund but an extra 2k punters through the turnstiles every fortnight.

14 hours ago, rb123! said:

Should be aiming higher than Oldham in league 2, thought they were I'm league 1. Depends though how much money they could offer him, probably still a lot more than us and depends if he'd want to work under a guy in the game like Paul Scholes.

Still think he'll go to Swansea.

If he can't get in the squad (club and country) ahead of that diddy McBurnie there is something far wrong.