The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

13 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I couldn't stand that freezing cold ground for another minute. Hate it with a passion. 

One of the best lower league/part time grounds IMO. 

Give my Gayfield over Dumbarton or East Fife's stadium. 

1 hour ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Nah, way too cold up there, even a summer's day it'll always be freezing up there, even the pub outside of it is bad 

05-11-2017-567.jpg.5381580c8c433dcb9bc5f7c1dd87005d.jpg

That was Arbroath when we played there last season in November It's been like that all bar one of the times I've been there.

It also tends to be warmer on the East coast than the west in a typical Scottish Summer.

Arbroath is a great day out.

Arbroath is one of the best days out you can have in Scottish fitba if you like a drink.  I can see why it would be crap if you just drive up though.   

I drive to most away games but to fully enjoy a day out at Arbroath a train journey is required.

05-11-2017-567.jpg.5381580c8c433dcb9bc5f7c1dd87005d.jpg
That was Arbroath when we played there last season in November It's been like that all bar one of the times I've been there.
It also tends to be warmer on the East coast than the west in a typical Scottish Summer.
Arbroath is a great day out.
I can assure you it is not warmer on the east coast, but it is considerably sunnier.

21 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Arbroath is one of the best days out you can have in Scottish fitba if you like a drink.  I can see why it would be crap if you just drive up though.   

Never actually had a day out on the drink at it. Tutties is a famous Scottish away day spoken about like the Mallard though. 

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Shankland apparently had talks with Swansea although Rotherham have offered him a contract.

I’d be expecting a pre-contract with Swansea to be announced in the next few days.

Would hope for Brentford to come in for him, they have a decent track record when it comes to developing talent before moving them on for a tidy sum. 

Shankland apparently had talks with Swansea although Rotherham have offered him a contract.

I’d be expecting a pre-contract with Swansea to be announced in the next few days.
I take it we wouldn't get a sell on fee for Shankland since this pre contract would be signed out with the transfer window.

Not entirely sure how it alleged works.

12 hours ago, rb123! said:

I take it we wouldn't get a sell on fee for Shankland since this pre contract would be signed out with the transfer window.

Not entirely sure how it alleged works.

Don't think we are due anything, he's more than repaid the club for taking a punt. 

15 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Would hope for Brentford to come in for him, they have a decent track record when it comes to developing talent before moving them on for a tidy sum. 

Brentford play a nice style of good attacking football and I'd reckon they'd be a great fit for each other.

14 hours ago, rb123! said:

Having seen Shankland playing at the game on Saturday and watching the highlights does anyone think he's still limping because I think he is.

I didn't really see him limping but he did look a yard off the pace and certainly didn't look 100% match fit.

That's what I was thinking which just made me think he's still got this injury niggling him

I didn't really see him limping but he did look a yard off the pace and certainly didn't look 100% match fit.
That's what I was thinking which just made me think he's still got this injury niggling him.