The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Here's some right nonsense here and a good reason why "computer games" should be nowhere near official stats.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/the-market-value-of-the-22-teams-in-scotland-s-premiership-and-championship-ranked-in-order-1-4871761

All those numbers are too high, but if the order's correct it shows what a good job our coaches are doing!

Really like the look of the boy Dowds east fife tonight, him and Stewart from County local Irvine boy  who we had and didn’t sign would do me for next year.

I like Ross Stewart.

Caused us plenty of problems last season when he was at Alloa and has popped up with some important goals for Ross County this season. He and Blair Henderson are two guys I’d be keeping an eye on.

11 hours ago, Mgc1910 said:

Ross County’s valuation is particularly absurd given their dependence on Roy McGregor.

Perhaps they own a few things that are of use to the club  like a training ground or land near the stadium. Dundee doesn’t own their own ground hence why a bit lower than expected. We don’t own our car park which probably drags us down 

13 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

They’ve literally just taken the entirely arbitrary “transfer values” of each player from https://www.transfermarkt.com/ and added them up to get a supposed market value for each club.

It’s just a bullshit article designed to get you to click onto their website.

Quite. The only two players in our squad with a significant transfer value currently are Doohan and Miller. Both of them add zero value to our club.

Shankland et al have a current market value of zero

Just looking at the fixtures on the last day of the season, wouldn't it be great to have wrapped up the title and do Alloa a favour in that last game as we owe them.

When have Ayr ever done things the easy way?

However it would be great to have it won by then. Do Alloa a favour if need be and say farewell to Shankland, Rose etc.

It’ll never pan out that way though.

8 minutes ago, Honestmen said:

Just looking at the fixtures on the last day of the season, wouldn't it be great to have wrapped up the title and do Alloa a favour in that last game as we owe them.

Someone said it further up the thread.

Imagine us needing a point to win the league, and Alloa needing a point to stay up. 

It would break the internet

2 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

Someone said it further up the thread.

Imagine us needing a point to win the league, and Alloa needing a point to stay up. 

It would break the internet

4/6 the draw.

See there's some shouts on the Raith thread to send McGuffie back. Boy just can't catch a break.

Aye I read that. The boy has played a total of 58 minutes of football for Raith over 2 games so it’s a bit unfair to judge him solely on that.

Although I think the shouts are based on the fact Raith fan know they’re not getting promoted this season so they’re effectively wasting money on him and Barjonas from Rangers.

30 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

At least if we don’t go up we’ll have more trips to Gayfield to enjoy next season and hopefully some more Dick Campbell antics.

I couldn't stand that freezing cold ground for another minute. Hate it with a passion.