The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I know this is not the best place to ask. I have been overseas for 12 years now thinking of making a trip for the dumfermline , ross country dbl header. Is there a bus running up to the county game and any recommendations on a decent hotel to stay at in ayr?

20 minutes ago, DK74 said:

I know this is not the best place to ask. I have been overseas for 12 years now thinking of making a trip for the dumfermline , ross country dbl header. Is there a bus running up to the county game and any recommendations on a decent hotel to stay at in ayr?

Bellrock and Ship in will be running buses probably, if you’re on Facebook details there if not I could get them for you. Hotel wise Mercure is just at the gaiety and probably fairly cheap, travelodge and holiday inns as well as the Ayrshire and Galloway.

File them in the same pile as Stranraer. 

Both clubs hitting financial turmoil whilst we’re conveniently in the same division.

Shame they don’t have another game for us to bring the Black and White pound to their shallow coffers.

4 hours ago, DK74 said:

I come up once a year from England and stay at either the Kylstrome or the Carlton...prestwick is better sadly than Ayr for a few beers...other than the wee  Windaes. I've also flown in from a Singapore for games!!! The missus thinks I'm mad but once AUFC is in the blood!!!!!I'm hoping to be up in April and do away at DUFC - spank them again. 

While posting my team for the Morton game I realised that we do actually have a bit of strength and depth. With Kerr and Adams expected back our best 18 is probably something along the lines of.

Doohan

Smith Muirhead Rose Harvie

Miller  Docherty Murdoch McDaid

Moffat Shankland

Subs:- Hare-Reid, Bell, Adams, Kerr, Crawford, Cadden, Moore 

Higgins misses out on the 18 completely. With Geggan and Forrest coming back soon another two will need to drop out of the 18. Nice problem for McCall to have. 

See Ellis Hare Reid is away to a New Zealand Under 20s training camp this week. Supposedly it’s to have a look at overseas players ahead of the Under 20s World Cup in Tahiti.

Which begs the question how many Ayr players have played at an international tournament? Be it senior or youth. Don’t have to have been playing for Ayr at the time either.

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

While posting my team for the Morton game I realised that we do actually have a bit of strength and depth. With Kerr and Adams expected back our best 18 is probably something along the lines of.

Doohan

Smith Muirhead Rose Harvie

Miller  Docherty Murdoch McDaid

Moffat Shankland

Subs:- Hare-Reid, Bell, Adams, Kerr, Crawford, Cadden, Moore 

Higgins misses out on the 18 completely. With Geggan and Forrest coming back soon another two will need to drop out of the 18. Nice problem for McCall to have. 

I thought Forrest was out for the season? If he’s back soon that could be a huge boost.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

Worth going direct as sometimes better deal but also check out the usual Groupon and itison sites as the Carlton sometimes does offers, as does the Parkstone in Prestwick. Carlton right beside the Belllrock , Parkstone at the beach front in Prestwick but both reasonably handy and a short taxi ride  for the Ship Inn if you decide on that.

Edited by Somerset 2010

11 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

See Ellis Hare Reid is away to a New Zealand Under 20s training camp this week. Supposedly it’s to have a look at overseas players ahead of the Under 20s World Cup in Tahiti.

Which begs the question how many Ayr players have played at an international tournament? Be it senior or youth. Don’t have to have been playing for Ayr at the time either.

Lucky bugger if he goes. Feel a bit sorry for him in some respects sitting behind Doohan who is going from strength to strength it would appear. If we are promoted I'd like to think he'd get a loan somewhere for first team exposure (with a recall clause obviously). 

On 09/02/2019 at 22:13, diegomarahenry said:

As long as Stainrod isn't hawking his wares about Somerset. He provided a tonne of dross to Scottish clubs over the years. 

Fulham have released an anniversary shirt. is it to early to be looking for next seasons template? 

Dy3_88cW0AACRJS.jpg.59e6e0736e97104939232d7e2439ed53.jpg 

That's almost identical to our Nike Bodog strip from a few years back, which coincidentally is my all time favourite and has been in many bizarre situations with me in Portugal, Spain & Poland. I almost used to wear it as a "shield of steel" and to be fair I always woke up alive the next day, so very fond memories of that bad boy !!