The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

What I believe Falkirk are trying to achieve is comparable to what is underway at Motherwell and St. Mirren.  ………and at Hearts and Dunfermline without Administration Procedures achieved under single person Majority Ownership.   A measured exchange of collective additional financial assistance in exchange for shares.  I've spoken to and with those involved at Motherwell and St.Mirren, and historically with those at Hearts and Dunfermline.

Community Ownership ( not Fan Ownership ) DOES NOT mean that 'fans' take ALL decisions.  An appropriately constituted Ownership Model will be in place, where individual fans AND any other club stakeholders will take collective ownership of a definitive number of shares.  Should they own sufficient shares, they would appoint an Executive to run the Football Club on their behalf, with perhaps a couple ( of appropriately qualified / and hopefully democratically elected representatives ) sitting on the Executive Board.

Community Ownership is not about Playing Staff and/or Managers, it is a simple way of ensuring that grievous decisions regarding a Football Club cannot be made by a single person, based on their own person circumstances.

Community Ownership Models can ( should ) also include an 'Asset Lock' which ensures that the Stadium, Ground, Car Park or any other notified Assets cannot be sold, unless certain pre-determined constitutional conditions are met.

What Community Ownership does NOT provide ( unfortunately ) is a panacea for all the financial issues at the club.  Dundee in Scotland, Swansea, Portsmouth, Stockport and Notts County in England are examples of when 'fans' have voted to accept selling collective shareholdings to people or organisations promising; a moon on a stick / finances to advance the club ( delete as appropriate )

What is without doubt is that 'fans' will come together to 'save' clubs. Indeed I'm sure Bryan Jackson has stated that the fanbase is the BEST option when looking to exit an Administration. 

Good luck to those at Falkirk for acting in advance.

On 04/02/2019 at 19:57, D'Jaffo said:

Good question

I’m not a massive advocate of fan ownership. Especially with our fan base.

I would suggest the 500 club is a good test of whether we could actually do it.  Obviously more people would join if they were getting something tangible like a share rather than just the contributory nature it is now but numbers are pretty thin.  

That would suggest to me that the people who follow our club aren't a good fit for that model. 

Spoiler

Certainly not slagging it btw, I am a member.  

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

See McKenna hasn’t grown out of his silly mistakes! Top marks though for booting Morelos though!

Shame he didn’t make a better contact. Not that it could’ve made Morelos any fucking uglier though.

5 hours ago, Iain said:

Morelos' reaction might be the most hilarious I've seen in some time. Guy is pathetic.

Nah that particular accolade goes to his reaction after being tackled by Jamie Adams at Castle Greyskull

13 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Hoping East Fife beat Partick on Saturday, otherwise that's yet another Saturday home game moved to midweek.

Being selfish I know, but I can't make that Saturday, so for that reason 'Mon the Jags.