The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

From what I've read it's us or Dunfermline. They will be able to pay a better wage, but hopefully the chance of going back to the premier league is more important to him. I doubt we can even pay half of what he was on though so seems unlikely.

Edited by Honest_Ally

Potentially he could be a great signing, however for £1,600 per week he'd certainly need to be !!!

All in all I'm more than happy with our current squad and as I mentioned to someone the other night, I've never experienced a season supporting Ayr where we've been the dominant force in virtually all our matches both home and away and quite often we're racking up 70% & 80% possession stats.

It certainly wasn't what I was expecting to happen this season and is far removed from attempting to sneak an equaliser in a home match against the likes of Morton & Dunfermline which has pretty much been the norm for the past 20 years or so...........

Potentially he could be a great signing, however for £1,600 per week he'd certainly need to be !!!
All in all I'm more than happy with our current squad and as I mentioned to someone the other night, I've never experienced a season supporting Ayr where we've been the dominant force in virtually all our matches both home and away and quite often we're racking up 70% & 80% possession stats.
It certainly wasn't what I was expecting to happen this season and is far removed from attempting to sneak an equaliser in a home match against the likes of Morton & Dunfermline which has pretty much been the norm for the past 20 years or so...........
I would dispute the phrase 'dominant force in virtually all our matches'.

In recent weeks we've had a lot of possession but dominant force, not for me. Up until that point though, and certainly on Friday (and supposedly Tuesday).

1 minute ago, Honest_Ally said:

Scougall is the last slim glimmer of hope then by the looks of it.

Sorry but we haven't came close to 70 or 80% possession in any game this season.

I don't have the "opta" stats to hand, however I'd say we've been close to that in most of our matches, certainly we've had the majority of the ball from what I've seen.

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I don't have the "opta" stats to hand, however I'd say we've been close to that in most of our matches, certainly we've had the majority of the ball from what I've seen.

7 minutes ago, Honest_Ally said:

Scougall is the last slim glimmer of hope then by the looks of it.

Sorry but we haven't came close to 70 or 80% possession in any game this season.

Yes, you're right, according to BBC our average is just over 60%.

We've been in the high 60's possession-wise quite a few times, but never into the 80's ever nor likely the 70's either.  But even  66% possession is a dominant stat - you have the  ball twice as long as your opponents.

Trouble is possession stats are the worst sort of show pony bulls&it to judge games by if you don't do enough with it and are content to play in front of two packed lines of four. 

2 minutes ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

We've been in the high 60's possession-wise quite a few times, but never into the 80's ever nor likely the 70's either.  But even  66% possession is a dominant stat - you have the  ball twice as long as your opponents.

Trouble is possession stats are the worst sort of show pony bulls&it to judge games by if you don't do enough with it and are content to play in front of two packed lines of four. 

Agreed, however if the other team don't have the ball they can't score a goal (unless it's an og of course), however the fact that we've been at the top of the league most of the season would suggest that we have been doing enough with the ball when we've got it, with the exception of a few matches recently.

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Chelsea had 70% possession against Bournemouth last night and still got gubbed 4-0.

So you can have all the possession in the world but it's no use if you can't do anything with it in the final third.

Well you would get a draw at least. 

6 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Chelsea had 70% possession against Bournemouth last night and still got gubbed 4-0.

So you can have all the possession in the world but it's no use if you can't do anything with it in the final third.

That's true but I always think it's better to watch your team with the ball than without, unless your just passing it aimlessly from side to side of course.

Our new signing, hope he can help us to the title.
I like the look of that, I think we have so much of the ball 20 to 30 years out but never take a pop at goal as some one said earlier McDaid scored a few crackers from outside the box last seaskn but this season he rarely shoots