The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

He just reads P&B and regurgitates it into print

Wouldn't surprise me tbh, worryingly though just read Cammy Bell supposed to be going to St Johnstone and Thistle fans are saying about Stefan Scougall in exchange. Hopefully they're just doing 2+2 and coming up with 5 and there's no actual possible chance of that deal happening.

Looks like McCall is going to take it right down to deadline day to get anybody signed, nervous times as another team in could nip in at the last minute.

Anything else been mentioned about Scougall or Wright apart from what the AP said?

I’m guessing us signing Wright is on the condition that Aberdeen sign Jonny Hayes.
It just said about McCall is looking to sign premiership players and has been linked to Stefan Scougall and Scott Wright. Didn't go into any detail or indicated that either deal was close to being completed.

I wouldn’t have thought Wright was likely but he has Mackay-Steven, May, Stewart, McGinn and even the boy McLennan in front of him for a regular game at Aberdeen so it’s not inconceivable that he might be sent somewhere on loan.

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

If nobody comes in tomorrow I fear for fw.

46 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Might stay off here for a few days while he wrecks the place.

I’ll be taking my season ticket up to Alloa to launch on the pitch in disgust. 

9 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Maybole won't be safe .avoid if you can folks. Fw on loose

Young man, 24 went on a 12 hour booze fuelled rampage  in his hometown of Maybole which is believed to have been triggered by his clubs inability to sign a winger in the January Transfer Window. Full details are unknown at this stage but it’s believed following his arrest he repeatedly shouted “I can’t watch Crawford on the wing again”. 

Thought the midfield played well- hope Doc being subbed was tactical as he took a heavy knock just on half time.  I just don’t think you can legislate for the defence giving the opposition a 3 goal start inside the first 20 minutes.  The fact that we scored 2, hit the post, had 2 shots cleared off the line and a solid penalty shout turned down suggests that overall we played pretty well.  The defence has been tremendous this season so difficult to be too harsh, but the 2nd goal in particular was quite something.
I was amazed to see us make a positive start in the highlights. Mcdaid was in behind twice with decent cut backs. I'm not sure how we didn't score, and the game could've been very different.

After that it's comedy capers for 15 minutes but we seemed to respond well.

It looked from the highlights that we were better than our Falkirk/Dunfermline (away)/Talbot days, where we barely threatened.

Was it just one of those nights?

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I was amazed to see us make a positive start in the highlights. Mcdaid was in behind twice with decent cut backs. I'm not sure how we didn't score, and the game could've been very different.

It looked from the highlights that we were better than our Falkirk/Dunfermline (away)/Talbot days, where we barely threatened.

Definitely. Bell and Rose have been excellent in most games but both made glaring errors that lead to goals being gifted to ICT. 

9 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

If we don’t make any more signings then that’s a pretty big contradiction of Lachlan’s “I’ll back the manager in January if we have a chance promotion” quote.

There is a difference between backing the manager and the manager being able to attract the correct players. Mind we've already lost out to Livi and publicly been offered a player that couldn't even play for us.  We don't know what is going on behind the scenes, who McCall has spoken to and what the response has been like. 

16 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Yes, we were actually very good against Inverness apart from the three shocking and very costly mistakes.

Myself, the guys I go to the matches with and most around me in the NT all cheered the players off at FT and it felt more like a draw / win than a defeat.

15 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

There is a difference between backing the manager and the manager being able to attract the correct players. Mind we've already lost out to Livi and publicly been offered a player that couldn't even play for us.  We don't know what is going on behind the scenes, who McCall has spoken to and what the response has been like. 

The only negative I'd say is that we should have held off loaning out Ferguson & McGuffie until we were assured of getting replacements signed.

The bench on Tuesday night told a very sad story and unless the likes of young Hilton and Ecrepont are capable of making an impact, then we're going to find our squad really stretched if we don't get anyone in, however I'm sure McCall must know this better than any of us.