The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

If anything was evident last night, we need a midfielder who’ll just hit the fucking ball towards goal. Doc, Crawford and Murdoch just play side to side. Their third is something we’re missing in our artillery.

You can add mcdaid to that list.

I remember when he first signed he would shoot continuously, now he seems content trying to turn his man inside out then passing.

36 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

McDaid was outstanding last night

I wouldn’t say he was outstanding last night. Last week yes but certainly not last night. 

Granted he did well down the left to get some balls across and scored a tap in but I wouldn’t put any of our players in the outstanding category after that first half shitshow.

For an attacking midfielder he hasn’t scored enough this season and to be honest his final ball isn’t always very good.

We have an attacking midfielder, who is raved about, who has managed 12 goals in 200 appearances, however it's all about opinion and mine is when mcdaid is played on the left he's a real threat, his work rate and endeavour were excellent, some things didn't work out but his effort was superb.

4 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

We have an attacking midfielder, who is raved about, who has managed 12 goals in 200 appearances, however it's all about opinion and mine is when mcdaid is played on the left he's a real threat, his work rate and endeavour were excellent, some things didn't work out but his effort was superb.

On current form out midfield should be McDaid- Murdoch- Docherty- New Signing 

Thought the midfield played well- hope Doc being subbed was tactical as he took a heavy knock just on half time.  I just don’t think you can legislate for the defence giving the opposition a 3 goal start inside the first 20 minutes.  The fact that we scored 2, hit the post, had 2 shots cleared off the line and a solid penalty shout turned down suggests that overall we played pretty well.  The defence has been tremendous this season so difficult to be too harsh, but the 2nd goal in particular was quite something.