The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

He played on loan at Ebbsfleet for a handful of games. 

But as stated I think the rules are different for international transfers. 

They arent. They are rigidly enforced on international transfers. If he has played for both Ebbsfleet and Coventry he wont be coming to Ayr.

40 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

If that’s true then he can’t play for any other team in England then, including Orient.

But he might go to Orient because on a domestic transfer its up to the FA what level counts and they dont count non League. Neither do the SFA domestically. You can play for 3 or 4 Lowland League sides in a season but a maximum of two SPFL ones.

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

QOTS fans are the new Raith Rovers fans. working in shifts to monitor Ayr threads and try and deflate any news or post a picture of Steven Dobbie. 

Who? Oh you mean  STEPHEN DOBBIE the leagues leading  goalscorer... 

Just now, paulbrucerick said:

To be fair to SD think he has an official capacity at Queens and generally knows about these things. 

The rest are just arses that probably eat Lorne sausage!

I thought Lorne sausage was just arses.

To be fair to SD think he has an official capacity at Queens and generally knows about these things. 
The rest are just arses that probably eat Lorne sausage!

I know he does and he’s the go to guy for these kinda things but I find it strange that there’s still a clear interest from Ayr.

I could understand it if it was a shorty made up fan page but VOR confirmed our interest and he’s as ITK as you get from our side as well as Alan Nixon who’s usually pretty spot on as well.

It seems strange is all I’m saying.

9 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

They arent. They are rigidly enforced on international transfers. If he has played for both Ebbsfleet and Coventry he wont be coming to Ayr.

But he might go to Orient because on a domestic transfer its up to the FA what level counts and they dont count non League. Neither do the SFA domestically. You can play for 3 or 4 Lowland League sides in a season but a maximum of two SPFL ones.

How is "one season" defined for international transfers when not every country has the same football calendar? Could it be by calendar year? That would fix the problem. Otherwise it makes no sense for them to even be discussing it.

Weather looking a bit dodgy for tonight and tomorrow with heavy snow showers forecast and temperatures between -3 & 4 degrees.

I hope we get the covers down and the hair dryers out............

Holding my hands up as one of those who doubted Ross Docherty, I've got to say that he was absolutely fantastic on Friday night and that performance alone has proven to me that he's more than capable of being a big player for us at this level.

I don't know about anyone else, but for me that feels like signing a new player and although Murdoch has been one of our best performers this season, I thought his performance on the right was also excellent and has shown that both he and Docherty are capable of playing in the same team without having an adverse effect on our creativity.

What a difference a week makes.............