The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yes I’ve also seen both Devine and Muirhead play against us and only one of them got subbed off after half an hour.

Muirhead might’ve been rancid for the last 18 months but considering he was playing for an absolute basket case of a club and prior to that was a pretty good defender at this level I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt especially given McCalls track record of transforming players.

Good for you, however you were replying to a Dunfermline fan who had seen Muirhead against Dunfermline so how is your point relevant? 

Likewise what has the substitution time got to do with anything? He wasn't subbed of for playing particularly awful, he wasn't playing well but then he wasn't any worse than Durnan or Ashcroft, we were changing shape from a back 5 to a back 4 and Devine was on a yellow, he didn't even make a particularly bad gaffe for the goal so it's fair to say your either talking out your arse of your using a fair amount of hyperbole. Devine then of course played a full 90 and kept a clean sheet later in the season. 

Saying Muirhead was the worst defender that Dunfermline fans have seen this season isn't hyperbole though. It won't give the full picture but have a watch of the highlights from our 4-2 game against Falkirk, he's directly culpable for three of the goals with awful defending. Outwith that his use of the ball and talking made his team madly uneasy, it was beautiful. 

46 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

It might not be wrong, however seeing as I've seen Devine against Ayr and Muirhead against us I'm definitely allot more qualified to judge who was worse, and it was undoubtedly Muirhead. 

I've also seen Gordon Pope get absolutely fingered in a 5-1 thumping playing for Ayr, worse than Devine but still better than Muirhead. 

Ayr fans also tried to tell us that they aren't just a one man team so delusion evidently comes easy, carry on in thinking Muirhead hasn't been utterly rancid for the past 18 months. 

Going by your in depth knowledge and understanding of the game I take it you're just back from the training field having given your premiership stars a thorough work out ??

Or, like me and the rest of us, are you just another daftie football fan who thinks he knows best but in reality most probably knows very little about the game ???

#trustinmccallthemastertactician

Chomping away at this massive piece of humble pie that I deserve, what a performance throughout the team tonight McCall you are a magician to lift that team after saturdays result.

Docherty got man off the match fully deserved  what a performance that's the Doc  we had two years ago and what about some of the other ferformances just behind the Doc.

Moore got his goal and let's hope it can springboard  him although Shankland back means the inevitable for him, but I thought he had his best game for a long time I wouldn't have changed the front two gave them a torrid time, but when you've got Sir Lawrence you've got to play him.

Finally can we play all our games on a Friday please

10 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dunfermline fans also tried to tell us that Bell, Adams and Geggan wouldn’t cut it at this level so forgive me for thinking that they talk utter nonsense most of the time.

You forgot Moffat. The man who pulls most of the strings in the team that is top of the league* was shite and past it as well.

* Top of the league at time of going to press

10 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

You forgot Moffat. The man who pulls most of the strings in the team that is top of the league* was shite and past it as well.

* Top of the league at time of going to press

^100%, Moffat is my favourite ever Ayr player. Such a good football brain. His spell at Dunfermline improved him though,  he came back a better player.

47 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Chomping away at this massive piece of humble pie that I deserve, what a performance throughout the team tonight McCall you are a magician to lift that team after saturdays result.

Docherty got man off the match fully deserved  what a performance that's the Doc  we had two years ago and what about some of the other ferformances just behind the Doc.

Moore got his goal and let's hope it can springboard  him although Shankland back means the inevitable for him, but I thought he had his best game for a long time I wouldn't have changed the front two gave them a torrid time, but when you've got Sir Lawrence you've got to play him.

Finally can we play all our games on a Friday please

Fair play for admitting how good Doc was.

Moffat was fantastic and I think his football brain is rubbing off on Shankland you see him doing the wee flicks and looking to bring in players about him, I hope when moff hangs up his boots there will be a place for him on the coaching staff.

This

I probably said that after the 5-0 game but we need to use this as a catalyst for the rest of the season.

Forget the fucking Talbot, Falkirk and ICT games. We showed tonight before Shankland came on that we could go toe to toe with a title challenger.

Going forward we clearly need the big man but it’s incredibly harsh to the best GK and defence in the league to label us a one man team. Also you won’t see a much better display from a midfielder than the masterclass Docherty put on.

I thought the decision to allow Crawford to play in the middle and play Murdoch our wide worked a treat. Crawford was superb and Murdoch got another assist. If Geggan isn’t back I’d play Murdoch there for now.

Add another forward/winger to challenge McDaid and try and get a run of winning games. County have a tough game tomorrow so there’s no guarantee they’ll be back top of the league.

Was a bit surprised Crawford got the motm as I thought he was a bit.... not as good as others, then again what do I know.

McCall was a bit of a grumpy grouch in the interview, seemed really pissed off. Probably just relief.

If you can show me an interview with McCall where he’s genuinely happy then I’ll be surprised.

I think he is probably still annoyed at last week and the reaction it generated however he seemed delighted with Moore when he went off and at FT. Definitely a favourite of his.

If you can show me an interview with McCall where he’s genuinely happy then I’ll be surprised.

I think he is probably still annoyed at last week and the reaction it generated however he seemed delighted with Moore when he went off and at FT. Definitely a favourite of his.
Grumpier than usual then. Even the BT panel were laying it on pretty thick over the Bot result