The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

It would make absolutely no sense if we are ending up with a net deficit of 1 player from an already small and injury hit squad.

Given the fact that our home crowds are ahead of budget and we've netted additional cash from our league cup run plus TV covering our Scottish cup humiliation, would make even the most pessimistic supporter think that there must be cash available.

As for Muirhead, while I'm pleased enough about his signing, his position was certainly not a priority and the fact that we've now let McGuffie go, who would undoubtedly have been involved in some way tomorrow, tells me that we MUST have someone else lined up ?

Surely ???

Is it a deficit of 1?

Mcguffie out, and muirhead in? Or are you counting losing rose in the summer?

If so, it's still 1 and 1, as we'd have guffie back.

Wait, is Ferguson away?

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

Is it a deficit of 1?

Mcguffie out, and muirhead in? Or are you counting losing rose in the summer?

If so, it's still 1 and 1, as we'd have guffie back.

Wait, is Ferguson away?

Ferguson is away to Dumbarton. In other news, The titanic sank and Maddy is still missing. 

Ferguson is away to Dumbarton. In other news, The titanic sank and Maddy is still missing. 
Apologies to all concerned.

It's been a long time since I've been so pessimistic feeling before a game.

18 months of optimism, and now I feel all 2017 again.

So nobody is going to be signed up before tomorrow by the looks of things, McCall actively seeking 1 or 2 more, okay then.... cue incoming meltdown

No need for a meltdown imo.

Good that McGuffie has a new contract.

Was funny that he was going to leave us all on a cliffhanger before prompted further [emoji23], certainly think he'll be back for Inverness, possibly the bench tomorrow.

Btw did anyone pick up on what the hell Alan Forrest has, never heard of it in my life.

Was funny that he was going to leave us all on a cliffhanger before prompted further [emoji23], certainly think he'll be back for Inverness, possibly the bench tomorrow.

Btw did anyone pick up on what the hell Alan Forrest has, never heard of it in my life.

Something “pubis” which I believe is at the bottom of your spine. So it’s definitely a back problem and considering he won’t be rushed is unlikely to be back this season.

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Was funny that he was going to leave us all on a cliffhanger before prompted further emoji23.png, certainly think he'll be back for Inverness, possibly the bench tomorrow.

Looks like that...

Screenshot_2019-01-24-20-56-48.png

Forrest is a huge miss, never realised how good he was until he was injured. [emoji20]
True. It's like we had a perfect jigsaw and the missing pieces can't be replaced by random ones - got to be the original pieces.

When you think about it, in full flow, it was perfect!!

Just hope we see more of it before they all go their separate ways.

16 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

True. It's like we had a perfect jigsaw and the missing pieces can't be replaced by random ones - got to be the original pieces.

When you think about it, in full flow, it was perfect!!

Just hope we see more of it before they all go their separate ways.

Well put.

11 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

We are missing Forrest just as much as Shankland IMO, he had bulked up in the summer and was playing out of his skin he and Smith were complementing each other perfectly on the right.

Yeah, he had put the work in and bulked up. He was definitely starting to live up to his potential. Hope hes back this season and I think he'll stick with us beyond.

If this season has taught us 1 thing then it is that you can't rely on a small squad.

As much as it makes sense on a limited budget, I don't think it works.

This league seems to be hard on a number of players.

If we had stayed injury free, I do feel we would be top clear.

I hope I am proved wrong and we can stay in the hunt for top spot till the end.