The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

What’s the history there?

Partick vs QoTS Challenge Cup final

Muirhead misses a penalty in the last minute of extra time. Higgins runs up to him to goad him and gets a headbutt for his troubles.

QoTS win on pens and if I remember correctly Higgins took one and scored.

Doubt if Muirhead missed any since. His number one core skill. Rumour has yourselves and QotS as his principal suitors.

In that case it wouldn’t surprise me if he went to QOTS given he’s from Dumfries.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

IMG_3128.jpg

Well all jumped on his bandwagon with the Erskine rumour and look what happened, why do we need a CB though? Is McCall thinking of a replacement for Rose, perhaps 18 month deal.

Or this might be the creative player he's talking about for our new hoof the ball tactics.

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Well all jumped on his bandwagon with the Erskine rumour and look what happened, why do we need a CB though? Is McCall thinking of a replacement for Rose, perhaps 18 month deal.

Or this might be the creative player he's talking about for our new hoof the ball tactics.

Exactly, McCall tried to sign Erskine.  

The guy is a tragedy at right back, can do a turn as a defensive midfielder, and is a decent centre back but with discipline issues (where “discipline” is his increasing inability to stick to one position.....far and away his biggest issue. He likes a walkabout, and it has cost us dearly).

Apparently he asked to be freed from his contract, and I would imagine that would only happen if he had something else lined up.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

16 minutes ago, rb123! said:

He was proved correct with Erskine and we've been linked with Muirhead for the past few weeks.

Given the fact that Higgins looks finished and Rose is offski, I reckon he could indeed be heading to Somerset.

In fairness we could probably do with a bit of a nutter in the team as we're pretty soft at the moment.

In that case it wouldn’t surprise me if he went to QOTS given he’s from Dumfries.
I would be tbh. We have 5 defenders already and play all of them where possible. We have just lost one to injury (I'm not sure for how long) so a short term deal wouldn't shock me if Fordyce is out for a longer period.

We need other areas strengthened though and I don't think Muirhead would be a starter just now.

If he signs and it’s still IF then I would like to see us play this on Friday night.

Doohan

Muirhead
Bell
Rose

Smith
Murdoch
Docherty
Crawford
Harvie

Moffat
Moore

That is assuming the injured players remain injured and we don’t sign anymore players this week.

He's a liability defensively, absolute talent at scoring penalties though. Always feel he has a headsgone moment at any time in him  and the red mist will descend, bit like the time at ibrox when he punched their player in the dick and got away with it.  Good luck to him.

8 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

He's a liability defensively, absolute talent at scoring penalties though. Always feel he has a headsgone moment at any time in him  and the red mist will descend, bit like the time at ibrox when he punched their player in the dick and got away with it.  Good luck to him.

We've not really had a true psycho since the days of Barry "The Basher" Prenderville and "Dangerous" Dave Rodgers 

As I said on the Falkirk thread if he’s punched a *** he’s good enough for me.

That goes for any footballer btw.