The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Coventry were excellent to deal with and we've managed to secure some sort of percentage moving forward

He revealed "about 15 clubs" have made enquiries about top scorer Lawrence Shankland. "I think Lawrence will just wait until the end of the season," added McCall, who said approaches have come from "Scotland, England and Holland".

"Whatever league we're in next season, Liam Smith, Lawrence Shankland, Michael Rose and maybe one other will definitely not be with us next year. That's gutting and it's horrible, but it's football."

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Coventry were excellent to deal with and we've managed to secure some sort of percentage moving forward

He revealed "about 15 clubs" have made enquiries about top scorer Lawrence Shankland. "I think Lawrence will just wait until the end of the season," added McCall, who said approaches have come from "Scotland, England and Holland".

"Whatever league we're in next season, Liam Smith, Lawrence Shankland, Michael Rose and maybe one other will definitely not be with us next year. That's gutting and it's horrible, but it's football."

Andy Murdoch will most likely be the other one, best midfielder we've had at the club for a long time 

Grim times.

Indeed

However a positive spin would be I can’t remember a time where we’ve had so many in demand players. It’s a credit to them and the club in the work that’s been put in.

All we can hope for is they give us everything for the next 6 months.

Will be interesting to see how the players respond on Friday. With Rose going and McCall saying that others will be on their way too the 'once in a generation' group of players already know the team is breaking up. The head says we can expect more adject displays with a lack of fight such as at Auchinleck but the heart hopes they somehow can find the form of earlier in the season.

Will be interesting to see how the players respond on Friday. With Rose going and McCall saying that others will be on their way too the 'once in a generation' group of players already know the team is breaking up. The head says we can expect more adject displays with a lack of fight such as at Auchinleck but the heart hopes they somehow can find the form of earlier in the season.

I'd really like Crawford, McDaid and maybe Murdoch to step up with a goal and take some of the pressure off Moore

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:
33 minutes ago, Young Eddie said:

I'd really like Crawford, McDaid and maybe Murdoch to step up with a goal and take some of the pressure off Moore

I'd agree with that, especially McDaid. He was well into double figures last season goal wise and scored some cracking strikes, yet his finishing this season has been generally woeful, especially from the edge of the box. 

2 hours ago, Young Eddie said:

If the players care about the club and the supporters then they'll go out for the second half of the season and try and win the league for us before some inevitably depart. However the more typical Ayr United thing to be would be to royally f**k it up.

I take it the funds which the board and Cameron have made available to McCall don't cover the amount of he needs to make these couple of creative player signings hinted, hence why he needs to loan out McGuffie and possibly someone else. This to me would possibly suggest Scougall might be one of the targets since he's apparantly on £2k a week.

I can't see us affording £2k a week and St Johnstone want him off there wage bill so he's going to have to take a hell of a wage cut to play for us, usually I'm one of the positive so called happy clappers but can't see much to be positive about at the moment apart from we are unlikely to go back down.

Just now, Superhursy7 said:

I can't see us affording £2k a week and St Johnstone want him off there wage bill so he's going to have to take a hell of a wage cut to play for us, usually I'm one of the positive so called happy clappers but can't see much to be positive about at the moment apart from we are unlikely to go back down.

My sentiments exactly, in the space of a few weeks I've gone from thinking that we had a great chance of winning this league or at the very least guaranteed a play off place and potentially a great Scottish Cup run, to now waking up to the nightmare of pumped out the cup by a local junior side, a mystery injury crisis affecting most of our key players, others jumping ship to sign pre-contracts elsewhere, players going out on loan with no replacements and the recent form of relegation candidates.

Somerset seems to have gone from a field of dreams to a place of nightmares.

Hopefully I'm just being over dramatic and blowing a couple of bad results out of all proportion, but I'm really not so sure............

My sentiments exactly, in the space of a few weeks I've gone from thinking that we had a great chance of winning this league or at the very least guaranteed a play off place and potentially a great Scottish Cup run, to now waking up to the nightmare of pumped out the cup by a local junior side, a mystery injury crisis affecting most of our key players, others jumping ship to sign pre-contracts elsewhere, players going out on loan with no replacements and the recent form of relegation candidates.
Hopefully I'm just being over dramatic and blowing a couple of bad results out of all proportion, but I'm really not so sure............
3-1 up at half time against Ross County seems a life time ago now, that 2nd half just seems to have blown all the wind out of our sails plus the injuries, hopefully we can get back on track Friday night (if its not frozen off)

8 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
15 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

3-1 up at half time against Ross County seems a life time ago now, that 2nd half just seems to have blown all the wind out of our sails plus the injuries, hopefully we can get back on track Friday night (if its not frozen off)

Yes, That's true.

Maybe a postponement  wouldn't be the worst thing to happen and would give us an extra week to regroup and get our players fit.

Still, if we get the go ahead the negativity is getting chucked out the window and hopefully we'll get right back on track.

Everybody thought we were shit hot after the Dundee Utd 5-0 game. Then everybody thought we were just shit after the Auchinleck game.
Truth is we are somewhere inbetween. We have a small squad and when everybody is fit can beat anybody in the league. Get the injured players back quickly and sign a few and its game on again!

Everybody thought we were shit hot after the Dundee Utd 5-0 game. Then everybody thought we were just shit after the Auchinleck game.
Truth is we are somewhere inbetween. We have a small squad and when everybody is fit can beat anybody in the league. Get the injured players back quickly and sign a few and its game on again!

100% this

1 hour ago, ftk said:

Totally agree, however the caveat being that we "Get the injured players back quickly and sign a few" .

Are any of these likely ??

How's big Nade doing at Troon ?????