The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Great move for the boy, can't help feel this is the, start break of the team some of the getting older (Geggan, Moff, Kerr, Bell etc.) and I honest can't see the majority of the other guys here next year. Let's just hope we can get decent replacements in or it could be back to quote the old programme feature "the Tuesday night in montrose mob"

McCall seemed to suggest we’d be due a perecentage of a future fee which doesn’t make a lot of sense.

I’m not sure but I think sell on fees can still be applied even in pre-contracts. Or maybe I’m wrong and McCall hasn’t a clue how these transfers work.
Great move for the boy, can't help feel this is the, start break of the team some of the getting older (Geggan, Moff, Kerr, Bell etc.) and I honest can't see the majority of the other guys here next year. Let's just hope we can get decent replacements in or it could be back to quote the old programme feature "the Tuesday night in montrose mob"

It’ll be a hellish job in the summer trying to recruit. Shankland, Rose, Smith will all leave and it’ll be nigh on impossible for us to get players of similar quality to come play for us.

It’ll be a hellish job in the summer trying to recruit. Shankland, Rose, Smith will all leave and it’ll be nigh on impossible for us to get players of similar quality to come play for us.
At the moment for next year we have Ferguson, Doc, Harvie, Ecrepont and maybe Hare-Reid and some other of the young lads signed up as far as I know everyone else is out of contract.

5 minutes ago, placidcasual said:
30 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:
McCall seemed to suggest we’d be due a perecentage of a future fee which doesn’t make a lot of sense.

We're probably entitled to a development fee if Coventry get money for him down the line but it'll be buttons.

We’re definitely not due a development fee.  He was 20 when he signed for us!  If it’s on iplayer I might listen back to confirm it’s definitely what he said.

Shankland only just going for a scan? :lol: Lucky to see him again this season.

He did say Stevie Maguire knows what’s wrong with him and they’re just making sure but I’d be surprised to see him on Friday.

34 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m not sure but I think sell on fees can still be applied even in pre-contracts. Or maybe I’m wrong and McCall hasn’t a clue how these transfers work.

I'm not so sure. Shankland yes,  he will be very hard to replace. But when you think about it, he and the others all got picked up as they had been binned by Premiership teams who didnt think they were good enough - there will be loads of those players in the same boat this summer, its just a case of spotting them.  I dont think we were fighting off much competition for them either - especially not Rose or Shankland. 

Come to think of it, 18 months or so ago probably a majority of Ayr fans wanted Rose binned and would have slated teams of a similar level if they had signed him and predicted him to be a total dud.   There's got to be plenty more out there.  

Edited by Hursty

50 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Shankland only just going for a scan? :lol: Lucky to see him again this season.

We'd have been as well punting him for £250k or whatever it was that we were offered if it's unlikely he's going to be playing any time soon.

Apart from this he's already missed 4 weeks, so if and when he returns it will probably take another couple of games to get up to match sharpness again.

Anyone got any more good news ???

Thought he said the physio doesn't know and that's why they are going for scans , cannae be that desperate yet big Beatties a free agent again but he knocked him back.

He said Maguire is fairly certain that he knows what’s wrong but they’re sending him for a scan to make sure.