The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Behave. They played well against the worst Ayr performance for a very long time, it was made easy for them. Last time I saw a performance that bad was losing 2-0 away to Albion Rovers on boxing day.  Funnily enough Mark Shankland was in that Ayr squad. 
Jeeez I didn't think id hear that match spoken about again 🤦🏻‍♂️

Behave. They played well against the worst Ayr performance for a very long time, it was made easy for them. Last time I saw a performance that bad was losing 2-0 away to Albion Rovers on boxing day.  Funnily enough Mark Shankland was in that Ayr squad. 
It's the worst Ayr performance I've seen since Falkirk at home two weeks before.

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Surely If we’re loaning him out this week then we’ll have at least one player signed before Friday. 

You'd like to think so.  And one who is likely to come in and make an impact in the starting XI rather than just a replacement for the bench. 

Do you lads think Moffat could make the step up to the Premiership? He doesn't seem the quickest but seems to have an excellent footballing brain. I know it didn't work out for him at Dunfermline but they were struggling a bit at the time. Always impressed me against Utd. 

They have to make a signing before the game now. We’ve too many injuries and lack of ideas/tactics with the current starting 11 to be loaning out attackers who could make a difference. 
Defo no point in keeping Shankland and not having a right go for the title. Speculate to accumulate.

Anyone like to hazard a guess at how much we could potentially make from a season in the premiership?

Got to imagine at least 6x sellouts at Somerset (Bigot Bros and Killie) plus increased crowds from Motherwell, Hearts & Hibs compared to what Inverness, Ross County and Alloa bring...

Edited by mugen_power

30 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

They have to make a signing before the game now. We’ve too many injuries and lack of ideas/tactics with the current starting 11 to be loaning out attackers who could make a difference. 

Totally agree, unless we're about to sign a couple of replacements it would be complete and utter madness to get rid of a guy who's in the squad most weeks and with our current injury problems is actually a potential starter (or certainly should be).

I don't know any Ayr fan who would be disappointed to see McGuffie lining up out wide ahead of Crawford and that surely speaks volumes about why we can't let him go without first finding replacements and replacements which will be an improvement.

Totally agree, unless we're about to sign a couple of replacements it would be complete and utter madness to get rid of a guy who's in the squad most weeks and with our current injury problems is actually a potential starter (or certainly should be).
I don't know any Ayr fan who would be disappointed to see McGuffie lining up out wide ahead of Crawford and that surely speaks volumes about why we can't let him go without first finding replacements and replacements which will be an improvement.

To be honest, I can’t remember McGuffie ever playing particularly well when he starts a game. He needs a loan spell. I obviously get your point and hope we’re bringing someone in.