The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

20 minutes ago, honestly united said:

That's been our problem for the last few weeks, the tempo we are playing at has dropped significantly, and so have our performances. 

I dont think it is just down to Shankland being out, i think we are missing Forrest and Kerr, and Crawford looks a shadow of the player even back from the DU game. It maybe we are missing Shanklands movement, and with Moore being more a penalty box player, the link up play is just not there.

100% agree with this and also post from Edinburghhonestman.

What's the deal with development fees with the likes of rose does that not happen when moving to another country

Only if they’ve been with us from a certain age and they’re under a certain age when they move.

35 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:

But rose has spent 3 years under the age of 21 so surely we should get development fee

I may be wrong , but my understanding is that they have to have come through our academy which Rose has not 

7 hours ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

I don't think it's at all inappropriate for McCall to put out a few words on the website and at least acknowledge that Saturday was an absolute shambles and that they take responsibility for that. Make no mistake, this is our most embarrassing defeat ever. Talbot are not the worst team we have ever lost to, but to lose to Juniors, from Ayrshire, on national TV with the 'best team we have had in years' is a total farce. To then attempt to blame the referee was even worse.

I agree, this is what i was calling for when i said the club might want to issue a statement of apology. While maybe a formal statement isn't required the magnitude of this defeat is such that it is not just another cup exit at the hands of a lower league team but from a team outwith the leagues entirely. And from Ayrshire, pretty much in our back yard, on national telly. For McCall or the club not to acknowledge the humiliation and embarrassment felt among fans suggests they either aren't aware of it or don't consider a 4th round cup exit to a junior club to be a such a big deal.

I'm wishing for the following if there really is scope for players in January

Dominant centre half ,creative midfielder or winger with good legs to get up and down, and a target man up front.

Well not get them now but would be looking to try and get Mckracken,Wilson and Glasgow on pre contracts now for next season god knows we can swap plenty for them with Talbot and just possibly get them after they are out the cup

Had to endure the kid on Talbot fans in the stand Singing the Killie song  won f--- all and never will when they scored couldnae contain themselves.

Finally £400 bonus per man Talbot wonder what we were on or was that the real reason for the abject performance, and I see they knew Shankland was still out injured despite McCall telling the nation on Thursday that he was playing along with Smith.

1 minute ago, Lochwood said:

Dominant centre half ,creative midfielder or winger with good legs to get up and down, and a target man up front.

Well not get them now but would be looking to try and get Mckracken,Wilson and Glasgow on pre contracts now for next season god knows we can swap plenty for them with Talbot and just possibly get them after they are out the cup

Had to endure the kid on Talbot fans in the stand Singing the Killie song  won f--- all and never will when they scored couldnae contain themselves.

Finally £400 bonus per man Talbot wonder what we were on or was that the real reason for the abject performance, and I see they knew Shankland was still out injured despite McCall telling the nation on Thursday that he was playing along with Smith.

Behave. They played well against the worst Ayr performance for a very long time, it was made easy for them. Last time I saw a performance that bad was losing 2-0 away to Albion Rovers on boxing day.  Funnily enough Mark Shankland was in that Ayr squad. 

The 3 Talbot boys played well but no way are they good enough to last a season at this level. In one off games in a big occasion like Saturday they did well but wouldn’t get in our team.

41 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

I hear the boy Armstrong at Raith has a cracking pair of legs.