The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Tbf the way your seasons going it’s not a stretch to presume you cry yourself to sleep at night.

With the exception of yesterday that's a fair point. Slept very well last night after a session in the Ship Inn with many Ayr fans:guinness 

15 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

They got it tight for not staying quiet during the minutes silence.

Can understand that but they're unlikely to be looking at what's happening on the pitch, I thought the minutes silence went impeccably from where I was stood.

16 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Can understand that but they're unlikely to be looking at what's happening on the pitch, I thought the minutes silence went impeccably from where I was stood.

Aye that was what they were saying. I was just more interested in getting my burger, which was 100% better than the garbage you get at Somerset.

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Aye that was what they were saying. I was just more interested in getting my burger, which was 100% better than the garbage you get at Somerset.

I never even managed a pie yesterday, I think I jinxed us.

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I was present the day the burger van in the away end at Somerset went on fire! Fortunately i'd stuffed my fat face by that point.

Right....The dust is starting to settle on what was an embarrassing result for our club yesterday. Was it the worst result in our history? Quite possibly, it was certainly the worst one I can recall in 20 years supporting the team. 

The past eighteen months or so has been great supporting this club but there is no doubt yesterday result puts a massive dampner on that. The players have quite rightly received lots of plaudits recently but there’s no doubt every single one of them deserves stick for yesterday’s performance and I’m afraid they are going to have to suck it up and come back better due to the experience. 

Where do we go from here? It’s difficult to say. While we have dug meat from about 7 weeks or so so have the other challengers and there is no doubt we are still for the moment in the title race. This week is a massive week for us, Dundee United at home on Friday followed by ICT also at home. I think we’ll have a fair idea come then whether or not we have a chance of the title or will be clinging on for a playoff place come then. 

It was quite evident yesterday that we need a few faces in to freshen things up. The signing of Bell last January was massive and really pushed us on to the next level, hopefully similar happens this month. We definitely tried to sign Erskine so there must be some money there. A signing this week would give the fans a bit of a lift ahead of Dundee United. Our result yesterday has probably knocked a couple of hundred of the attendance. 

This may be a long shot and slightly unreasonable but as an apology for yesterday it would be nice to see the club subsidise some of the £ for the buses for our next away game. 

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Right....The dust is starting to settle on what was an embarrassing result for our club yesterday. Was it the worst result in our history? Quite possibly, it was certainly the worst one I can recall in 20 years supporting the team. 

The past eighteen months or so has been great supporting this club but there is no doubt yesterday result puts a massive dampner on that. The players have quite rightly received lots of plaudits recently but there’s no doubt every single one of them deserves stick for yesterday’s performance and I’m afraid they are going to have to suck it up and come back better due to the experience. 

Where do we go from here? It’s difficult to say. While we have dug meat from about 7 weeks or so so have the other challengers and there is no doubt we are still for the moment in the title race. This week is a massive week for us, Dundee United at home on Friday followed by ICT also at home. I think we’ll have a fair idea come then whether or not we have a chance of the title or will be clinging on for a playoff place come then. 

It was quite evident yesterday that we need a few faces in to freshen things up. The signing of Bell last January was massive and really pushed us on to the next level, hopefully similar happens this month. We definitely tried to sign Erskine so there must be some money there. A signing this week would give the fans a bit of a lift ahead of Dundee United. Our result yesterday has probably knocked a couple of hundred of the attendance. 

This may be a long shot and slightly unreasonable but as an apology for yesterday it would be nice to see the club subsidise some of the £ for the buses for our next away game. 

Personally I'd rather they just turned up and played at a decent tempo, that's all the apology we need.

Can’t argue with any of this

22 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Personally I'd rather they just turned up and played at a decent tempo, that's all the apology we need.

Aye, in fairness if we were to go out and beat Dundee United and ICT then that would go along way to getting the positivity back. 

Disappointed yesterday obviously but the relegations to league 1 hurt alot more. Also in recent memory the defeat to cowdenbeath away in the playoffs also hurt more. And of course that semi final defeat to the scum.

Disappointed yesterday obviously but the relegations to league 1 hurt alot more. Also in recent memory the defeat to cowdenbeath away in the playoffs also hurt more. And of course that semi final defeat to the scum.

The semi final is up there in making me feel utter shite.

In fairness the relegation two years ago didn’t hit me too hard. I’d been prepared for a few weeks so it was fully expected.

Craig Moore’s penalty miss vs Alloa last season is probably the absolute worst I’ve felt but it’s kind of insignificant now. For a week though I was an absolute wreck.

19 minutes ago, ftk said:

We're trying to regain our composure not make it worse.