The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

The only reason why he's not gone is because no one wants to pay what we asked. Even Swansea only offered half of what we were looking for.

I didn't know we were asking for anything ? I thought the plan was that we wanted him to stay until the summer as opposed to hawking him around the country ?

The big question is if there is any money available to strengthen the squad. If not is it better to sell our sought after players and reinvest to have a good go with a few extra players. On current form we will not win the league but I still think we have a really good chance of making the playoffs 

Watched the game on TV yesterday and was fairly sure we'd see the game out, Talbot set up the same way as Falkirk and It was a standard performance of late, loads of possession but zero final balls.

Higgins lost his man at the free-kick , he is either rusty or past it, other than that it was a pretty flat performance. Losing Kerr and Shanland have been big blows, More so kerr, the last 3-4 games have been 90 min of the ball being passed back and forward along the back line to a full back or wide player, who turns and passes it back exactly the same way. Kerr mixes up passing more and we have been completely one dimensional since he got injured. At least with Shankland playing, he has  the ability to make something out of nothing. 

McDaid and Crawford have been poor. Moore doesn't so much as need a goal, as needs a shot at goal, the service he has had and his link up with Moffat has been pretty dreadful. 

35 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Cameron said he wanted 500k for him

I'd agree with him and as a club there's no way we could turn that down.

Preston just signed that dumplin stockley for £900k + add ons from Exeter (which is arguably below our level), so there' no doubt that Shankland is worth more to us playing than a pathetic £200 - £250k, however that comes with the caveat "playing" as he's not much use to us sitting in the stand............

Strangely Stockley has an almost identical profile to Shankland although Shanklands a couple of years younger and has a better goalscoring record.

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Watched the game on TV yesterday and was fairly sure we'd see the game out, Talbot set up the same way as Falkirk and It was a standard performance of late, loads of possession but zero final balls.

Higgins lost his man at the free-kick , he is either rusty or past it, other than that it was a pretty flat performance. Losing Kerr and Shanland have been big blows, More so kerr, the last 3-4 games have been 90 min of the ball being passed back and forward along the back line to a full back or wide player, who turns and passes it back exactly the same way. Kerr mixes up passing more and we have been completely one dimensional since he got injured. At least with Shankland playing, he has  the ability to make something out of nothing. 

McDaid and Crawford have been poor. Moore doesn't so much as need a goal, as needs a shot at goal, the service he has had and his link up with Moffat has been pretty dreadful. 

Movement (or lack of it) is our biggest problem at the moment and apart from Shankland I see Forrest as our biggest miss.

Moffat is the only one actually moving, but as a result he's being heavily marked and when he gets the ball he's being swamped as there's nobody else giving him an angle for a pass. When Ayr are at their best it's been when Forrest, Shankland and Moffat are all linking up and as you say having Kerr behind them to pick out a pass is also a big thing although with their movement it's been an easy task for Kerr who excels in this area.

Without the guys just mentioned we need to change our style as the players who have replaced them just aren't capable of playing like that.

Boy on there saying we’re the worst run club in Scotland :lol:

Unfortunately results like the one yesterday give folk an excuse to have a go at things like that despite it having nothing to do with the result.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Unfortunately results like the one yesterday give folk an excuse to have a go at things like that despite it having nothing to do with the result.

I’d say we’re fairly well run tbh. Not sure what the complaints against the board really are, other than expecting them to sink their money into signings with absolutely no guarantee of ever seeing any of it back.

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’d say we’re fairly well run tbh. Not sure what the complaints against the board really are, other than expecting them to sink their money into signings with absolutely no guarantee of ever seeing any of it back.

Au 500 fund anyone??

8 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Like we do with the AU500 Club?

I’ve certainly no complaints.

Coventry apparently offering Rose a pre-contract. Comes from a fan page on Twitter right enough but it wouldn’t surprise me.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Like we do with the AU500 Club?

Yes. So we put in £20 or so with no expectation of getting it back, then we can expect Lachlan to chuck in £100k (ignoring that he’s essentially done that with £200k or so already by rejecting Shankland offers). Not quite the same.

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yes. So we put in £20 or so with no expectation of getting it back, then we can expect Lachlan to chuck in £100k (ignoring that he’s essentially done that with £200k or so already by rejecting Shankland offers). Not quite the same.

Its exactly the same, why own a football club to manage its decline?  That's largely been Cameron's legacy. The last two seasons have been great (yesterday aside), the thirteen before were turgid. 

The board need to show their ambition. Back the manager and give it a go (we're not talking about risking the club's future its 2/3 signings!) or dont. Its their call, if they opt for the later you can hardly blame the support for getting fed up.

This season can still be a good one but the next 2 weeks are huge and a real test of the board's mettle imo.

Its exactly the same, why own a football club to manage its decline?  That's largely been Cameron's legacy. The last two seasons have been great (yesterday aside), the thirteen before were turgid. 
The board need to show their ambition. Back the manager and give it a go (we're not talking about risking the club's future its 2/3 signings!) or dont. Its their call, if they opt for the later you can hardly blame the support for getting fed up.
This season can still be a good one but the next 2 weeks are huge and a real test of the board's mettle imo.

Dunno about you but this season will have been a good one regardless of whether we go up or not.

They showed great ambition in keeping Shankland, Rose, Crawford etc in the summer. They then further showed it in rejecting any bids that came in for our players. There’s showing ambition and then there’s continually spending money at every turn.

Make no mistake though, the board had nothing to do with yesterday. The players we had should’ve won that game. The problems lie with a lack of confidence due to our run of form and a pretty poor attitude throughout. Throwing money around won’t solve those issues.

We are in a situation where we are retaining players to have a go at promotion, with no money to strengthen. Even if we sold one player, say Smith, for £20-£60k .  That money wouldn't be put back in to the team.

We have been miserable for almost a month now, yet still sit second in the league with a game in hand that could put us back top. The only answer is getting players back fit. 

On the grand scheme of things, we were beaten yesterday by a team that would be better than most division two clubs, if we had gone out to Peterhead or Stirling Albion yesterday there wouldn't have been this level of hysteria. I wasn't that bothered about the result because we are in the best position to get promoted to the top league in my lifetime.

Not playing an extra 1-2-3 games in the cup, with a small squad  while our main challengers are still in it will hopefully be a benefit. 

We are in a situation where we are retaining players to have a go at promotion, with no money to strengthen. Even if we sold one player, say Smith, for £20-£60k .  That money wouldn't be put back in to the team.
We have been miserable for almost a month now, yet still sit second in the league with a game in hand that could put us back top. The only answer is getting players back fit. 
On the grand scheme of things, we were beaten yesterday by a team that would be better than most division two clubs, if we had gone out to Peterhead or Stirling Albion yesterday there wouldn't have been this level of hysteria. I wasn't that bothered about the result because we are in the best position to get promoted to the top league in my lifetime.
Not playing an extra 1-2-3 games in the cup, with a small squad  while our main challengers are still in it will hopefully be a benefit. 

There wasn’t uproar when QP knocked us out or when Montrose knocked us out last season.

I’m no more angry now than I was when Falkirk or QOTS beat us.

Right, so we have lost to a v. Good Junior team who woul beat a lot of League 2 and possibly League 1 in a one off ( I know not championship but hey ho we must get over it). I watched it here in Thailand with a few Singha beers...that was the good news, the worst  bad news, other than the result, being my English son in laws who took the piss unmercifully on whatsapp. Any way so what next?

My view is that Forrest is a must to return ASAP, he makes things happen. Shankand also - just what is the injury? Moffat MoM 1st half but not so much second half but also a MUST play for me. 

We do need to add to the squad but only 1 or 2 and if no better than what we have why bother? Wasted money.

Finally is US as suporters....WE MUST SUPPORT. Agreed this is a bad run but heckling abuse will not help. 

I don't watch regularly as based in England now but see highlights and live to games and come up a couple of times a year so many may take issue with these thoughts.

C'mon Ayr...we can do it Premiership beckons!