The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Gareth said:

A quick look on here / social media before the game suggested that this was going to be their main threat.

We obviously didn’t expect it / prepare for it...

I'm more disappointed at our lack of quality at the top end, even if we played well yesterday Talbot would still have created chances, there's no way we were turning up at Beechwood and Talbot weren't going to have a spell of creating chances, they win trophies for a reason.

It's all very well debating the talbot goal over and over and who was to blame, however the real debate should be about how we created virtually nothing in 90 mins against a part time junior side (no disrespect to Talbot who were excellent). That is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned.

I actually got home yesterday and one of my mates (who hadn't seen the game) phoned me and thought going by the stats that we had been really unlucky, but I told him straight, we weren't in the slightest unlucky, Talbot created about 4 or 5 excellent goal scoring opportunities and other than a couple of Moff efforts in the 1st half and Moore's shocking miss we created nothing. Pathetic.

A sleep doesn't help this one bit. 

Ridiculous, embarrassing, shite, clueless, woeful, disaster...or any other word you care to name.

The single worst result in my almost 4 decades of watching an absolute shite football team and what compounds the misery is we fucking deserved that yesterday

This result will haunt us for decades. There is no getting away from it. If we weren't currently sitting second it would be a sacking offence. The only thing that could ease the pain of this is promotion, but lets be realistic that isn't happening. A fucking Mark Roberts team would have won that yesterday.

In a few short weeks we have went form heroes to zeroes. Losing to a junior team is not acceptable in any way shape or form.

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It's all very well debating the talbot goal over and over and who was to blame, however the real debate should be about how we created virtually nothing in 90 mins against a part time junior side (no disrespect to Talbot who were excellent). That is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned.

I actually got home yesterday and one of my mates (who hadn't seen the game) phoned me and thought going by the stats that we had been really unlucky, but I told him straight, we weren't in the slightest unlucky, Talbot created about 4 or 5 excellent goal scoring opportunities and other than a couple of Moff efforts in the 1st half and Moore's shocking miss we created nothing. Pathetic.

People will just use the "they sat in" excuse, while that's true, I was down in the corner where Robbie was playing in the 1st half and he didn't have the inclination/bottle/confidence to test his man, McDaid looked similar on the other side but not near enough for me to say with certainty.

Willie Lyle must have left the pitch wondering what all the fuss was about, he's probably tested more on a weekly basis given his age.

3 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

People will just use the "they sat in" excuse, while that's true, I was down in the corner where Robbie was playing in the 1st half and he didn't have the inclination/bottle/confidence to test his man, McDaid looked similar on the other side but not near enough for me to say with certainty.

Willie Lyle must have left the pitch wondering what all the fuss was about, he's probably tested more on a weekly basis given his age.

Who was their #8, I thought he was excellent and did what our players didn't (which you've mentioned above), ie running at players and beating them. He caused carnage in the 2nd half and every time he ran towards our box I feared the worst.

Just now, WATTOO said:

Who was their #8, I thought he was excellent and did what our players didn't (which you've mentioned above), ie running at players and beating them. He caused carnage in the 2nd half and every time he ran towards our box I feared the worst.

Glasgow?

20 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Gordon Pope was too slow at League 1 level.  5 years ago.  And yet McDaid didn’t go past him once.  Like Moore, his time is up.  He’ll get games because we have no one else, but we’ve reached the end of the line with him.  McCall called it right when he said his performance against Dundee Utd was his best since the Killie cup game.  That level of show pony inconsistency is no use to anyone.

31 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

We had so many half opportunities to shoot from just outside their box but wanted to keep sliding it wide.  Was always going to be difficult walking through a packed defence but a few more shots might have worked their keeper and given our forwards something to feed off 

Wrong social media platform to air your night time activities Callum.

Correct

I think it made me even more angry reading the SRE end last night. Fair enough it’s a bit raw and some of the stuff is very reactionary but a lot of it is plain mental.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Correct

I think it made me even more angry reading the SRE end last night. Fair enough it’s a bit raw and some of the stuff is very reactionary but a lot of it is plain mental.

I just glance in there, they make me look intelligent and controlled at times.

2 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Of course,  you guys know that nothing's actually wrong with Shankland?  He's being kept out of the team "injured" to keep any bids away from anybody tempted to go for him in the January window. Clever management.

Doesn't feel to clever to me at the moment.

2 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

A sleep doesn't help this one bit. 

Ridiculous, embarrassing, shite, clueless, woeful, disaster...or any other word you care to name.

The single worst result in my almost 4 decades of watching an absolute shite football team and what compounds the misery is we fucking deserved that yesterday

This result will haunt us for decades. There is no getting away from it. If we weren't currently sitting second it would be a sacking offence. The only thing that could ease the pain of this is promotion, but lets be realistic that isn't happening. A fucking Mark Roberts team would have won that yesterday.

In a few short weeks we have went form heroes to zeroes. Losing to a junior team is not acceptable in any way shape or form.

Fucking brilliant 

3 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Of course,  you guys know that nothing's actually wrong with Shankland?  He's being kept out of the team "injured" to keep any bids away from anybody tempted to go for him in the January window. Clever management.

It's hardly clever when you lose 3 games in January, scoring zero and losing the most embarrassing games possible.