The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What happened to the rumours about Muirhead?

I presumed that was just another case of "fan mentions player on Facebook or P&B and all of a sudden everyone starts to think McCall must be going after him".

Only rumour I've seen that actually seemed to have substance was Erskine.

I was right next to them and they were flapping like f**k, I even said to Bell that he needed to get on and calm them down.

Fair enough then I’ve blocked most of today out so I can’t really remember much about the game.

I actually thought Bell had dipped a bit performance wise in the last couple of weeks and we could’ve done with Adams coming in but who knows what’s up with him.

I presumed that was just another case of "fan mentions player on Facebook or P&B and all of a sudden everyone starts to think McCall must be going after him".
Only rumour I've seen that actually seemed to have substance was Erskine.

Wasn’t really keen on him tbh but was interested where folk heard about him from.

Guess we’ll find out in the next few days what’s happening with Armstrong at Raith as today was apparently his last game. Think he’s off to County but we can always hope.

Chris Higgins absolutely sells the jerseys for the goal. For a defender of his experience to lose his man so badly at the free kick is really poor.

Ive previously been a huge fan of Craig Moore but I think it’s time we looked to move him on, he’s been a huge disappointment this year, thought he was miles off the pace yesterday.

McDaid was also poor imo and to be honest he’s a bit of a luxury player, flatters to deceive most of the time.

Of course it could all of been avoided if it wasn’t for yet more totally inept refereeing for the penalty call.

43 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Chris Higgins absolutely sells the jerseys for the goal. For a defender of his experience to lose his man so badly at the free kick is really poor.

Ive previously been a huge fan of Craig Moore but I think it’s time we looked to move him on, he’s been a huge disappointment this year, thought he was miles off the pace yesterday.

McDaid was also poor imo and to be honest he’s a bit of a luxury player, flatters to deceive most of the time.

Of course it could all of been avoided if it wasn’t for yet more totally inept refereeing for the penalty call.

Yeah we maybe should have had a penalty. But that is no excuse on how we played yesterday. We we're rubbish and clearly never wanted it .

I had a strange feeling about yesterday. Even said to a mate that something didn’t feel right and something bad was going to happen. Seems to be the Ayr United way of giving us a wee bit of glory to keep us happy, just before a massive clusterfuck shitfest. Either that or some fans get carried away happy clapping with the ‘billy big baws’ mentality pretending all is well and we’re going to win the league. The league is priority, we’ve overachieved our goal, we’ve had some good times and been thoroughly entertained. But how on earth can you not focus on getting beat by a junior team in the Scottish cup? Would we not have got extra monies in the next round....maybe enough to bolster the squad with a new face?

He is a useless pigeon chisted tosser anyway

Queen of the South fans seemed to rate Higgins, so I can only assume he was decent at some stage.  But he was an absolute bomb scare last season and looked like an accident waiting to happen yesterday.  He is not a viable back up option at championship level.  Bell has his limitations, but he at least calms things down and does the basics right.  Seems to be a steadying influence on Rose as well who had a few moments yesterday as well.  

2 hours ago, Hazbart said:

I'm not going to pile the blame on Higgy as there were too many that played worse than him yesterday.

Personally I don't think Higgins and Rose works as a partnership, I never felt it worked last season in League One so I'm less than keen to see them together in the remainder of this season.

Yesterday was embarrassing but we really do have to look on the bright side we could possibly still get promoted this season we really do need to bring a wide player and someone up top I also believe it showed Crawford can not play wide we really missed Adams yesterday as Higgins just doesn't do it anymore

22 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I'm not going to pile the blame on Higgy as there were too many that played worse than him yesterday.

Personally I don't think Higgins and Rose works as a partnership, I never felt it worked last season in League One so I'm less than keen to see them together in the remainder of this season.

I’m not exclusively blaming Higgins, the whole team failed to perform and as point out above Crawford and McGuffie were also negligent at the goal.

That being said McCracken had about 4 yards on Higgins which is ridiculous, Higgins gets drawn out, gets caught under the ball and loses his man. Stay with your man and he doesn’t have a free header.

There were  a few other crosses and clearances that he made a meal of throughout the match that we somehow got away with.

4 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

I’m not exclusively blaming Higgins, the whole team failed to perform and as point out above Crawford and McGuffie were also negligent at the goal.

That being said McCracken had about 4 yards on Higgins which is ridiculous, Higgins gets drawn out, gets caught under the ball and loses his man. Stay with your man and he doesn’t have a free header.

There were  a few other crosses and clearances that he made a meal of throughout the match that we somehow got away with.

That just highlights the fact that we allowed them to put in quite a few crosses and when we did they put in quite a few decent ones, on the other hand, we were unable to get in positions to put in crosses for most of the game and when we did, our supposed higher level players put in poor balls for the most part.

12 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I think you're overestimating the difference between lower leagues and juniors, especially in a one off game.

Moore is a hard working finisher but he's never sustained it at championship level, and I don't think it's ridiculous to suggest he's a junior level striker (because the difference between league 1 and the juniors is not that big).

Off the top of my head, Chris Erskine, Kris Doolan, Michael Moffat, Jamie Longworth, & Josh Mullen were all "junior strikers" so you've probably got a good point there.

That just highlights the fact that we allowed them to put in quite a few crosses and when we did they put in quite a few decent ones, on the other hand, we were unable to get in positions to put in crosses for most of the game and when we did, our supposed higher level players put in poor balls for the most part.

A quick look on here / social media before the game suggested that this was going to be their main threat.

We obviously didn’t expect it / prepare for it...