The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Maybe.

I think there would probably be a clear difference over a league campaign but in a one off tie? Not much at all.

I’m not belittling Talbot but that was a huge game for them.

We never really looked interested and almost expected that we’d win. I was right at touchline and even in the warm up Stevie Bell looked the only one really up for it.

Also fair play to Doohan for getting tore in about McDaid at one point. Guy skips around with not a care in the world. Like Crawford he could do with a spell on the bench but we’ve no one to cover them.

Have we been up for any games recently? The tempo is all to f**k.

Queen of the South game I thought we played at a good tempo in the first half. Then shat it when they scored. Scrapped an equaliser back and started the tippy tappy sideways passing.

Having large amounts of possession doesn’t suit us as we can’t break teams down. That’s why I’m strangely confident ahead of Friday. Dundee Utd will attack us and have most of the ball so it’ll suit us better. We need an attacking midfielder though to help us against teams that sit in.

Queen of the South game I thought we played at a good tempo in the first half. Then shat it when they scored. Scrapped an equaliser back and started the tippy tappy sideways passing.

Having large amounts of possession doesn’t suit us as we can’t break teams down. That’s why I’m strangely confident ahead of Friday. Dundee Utd will attack us and have most of the ball so it’ll suit us better. We need an attacking midfielder though to help us against teams that sit in.
If neilson has any since he'll give us the ball.

But even if we can play the underdog I think our confidence is so low that we'll crumble.

If neilson has any since he'll give us the ball.

But even if we can play the underdog I think our confidence is so low that we'll crumble.

Confidence is playing a big part.

After the 5-0 game we were flying and it showed in the first half vs County. Really thought this was it. Think it would’ve been 4 points clear with a game in hand. The second half collapse knocked the stuffing right out us and we’ve regressed since then.

We need a wide midfielder a proper centre back and a striker/10 that can pull the strings and make us tick better!

I wasn’t at the game as I was working but was able to watch the game. Its there for everyone to see we need another dimension to our play!

Please welcome Craig sibbald and scougal

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

I think you're overestimating the difference between lower leagues and juniors, especially in a one off game.

Moore is a hard working finisher but he's never sustained it at championship level, and I don't think it's ridiculous to suggest he's a junior level striker (because the difference between league 1 and the juniors is not that big).

Last two games he has been subbed for McCowan & Bell, when we were chasing the game and needing a goal, and he was our only fit forward. The praise McCall shows for Moore publicly doesn't match up with those two decisions.

The board need to back the manager. We need 2/3 bodies in pronto if we are to sustain the challenge.

How is the AU500 fund going? Surely theres still money there, I contribute through it now. If they need more lets hear it, I'm sure more would pay into if they knew we were going to make signings and try to win this thing!

Last two games he has been subbed for McCowan & Bell, when we were chasing the game and needing a goal, and he was our only fit forward. The praise McCall shows for Moore publicly doesn't match up with those two decisions.

I was actually surprised at the amount of shouting for Bell to be subbed on from the support today. Don’t think they were expecting him to play up front though.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I was actually surprised at the amount of shouting for Bell to be subbed on from the support today. Don’t think they were expecting him to play up front though.

I had no doubt he was coming on up front, he should actually have been on in defence after 55 minutes as our back 5 were clearly crumbling at that point.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Just signed a new contract.

Doubt he’d want to come to us after last season.

Well that's that idea out the window .I would like someone who can keep a consistent run of form .not just have a blinder of a game once a season i.e mcdaid,Crawford,moore.

I had no doubt he was coming on up front, he should actually have been on in defence after 55 minutes as our back 5 were clearly crumbling at that point.

I didn’t think they were too bad. Or from what I remember they weren’t. Talbot were getting crossed into the box but they weren’t doing anything. The main thing that annoyed me about the defence was the distribution. You’d think after the first 10 minutes of long balls didn’t work you’d try something different.

Higgins obviously at fault for the header but it’s McGuffie who loses the ball then Crawford dives in needlessly and gives the free kick away.

In an ideal world another centre back to partner Rose would be nice but it's not happening. Higgins isn't ideal for starting but he's fine as backup, Rose and Adams/Bell has been solid most of the past year.

What happened to the rumours about Muirhead?

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I didn’t think they were too bad. Or from what I remember they weren’t. Talbot were getting crossed into the box but they weren’t doing anything. The main thing that annoyed me about the defence was the distribution. You’d think after the first 10 minutes of long balls didn’t work you’d try something different.

Higgins obviously at fault for the header but it’s McGuffie who loses the ball then Crawford dives in needlessly and gives the free kick away.

I was right next to them and they were flapping like f**k, I even said to Bell that he needed to get on and calm them down.