The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

A wee bit of advice Ian, go and swap there no 10 for Moore  think you'll need to give them a couple of bob but will solve your problem up front overnight, he ran our back four raggit until he came off.

I’m sure McCall will recognise your genius and take this on board.

Moore can only do so much without service. He’ll do nothing if you continue knocking long balls up to him. It’s not hard to see this.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Moore can only do so much without service. He’ll do nothing if you continue knocking long balls up to him. It’s not hard to see this.

Moore missed from 6 yards today. He's a poor player. Misses too many chances. Yes the service was poor, but when he got it, he couldn't convert.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It's actually not hard to see that the boys not up to it as a starter.

Moore missed from 6 yards today. He's a poor player. Misses too many chances. Yes the service was poor, but when he got it, he couldn't convert.

He’s a better finisher than Moffat no doubt. I find it mental that in the space of a few months he’s automatically a poor player especially after last season.

It's actually not hard to see that the boys not up to it as a starter.

When everyone is fit, of course not.

But to suggest that he’s a bad player or even a junior player is ridiculous. He’s a player low on confidence and that showed today when he went missing after the sitter he missed.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s a better finisher than Moffat no doubt. I find it mental that in the space of a few months he’s automatically a poor player especially after last season.

A lot of people have been saying "if he gets in the box he'll score" he missed one good chance in the first half and one sitter in the second.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He hasn't taken his chances.

Its not just his finishing, his positioning is poor, first touch like an elephant and hold up play non existant. He's just not good enough unfortunately.

There were several horrible performances today but Moore was up there. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

When everyone is fit, of course not.

But to suggest that he’s a bad player or even a junior player is ridiculous. He’s a player low on confidence and that showed today when he went missing after the sitter he missed.

He's a good sub, no more, never has been never will be.

Did I say Moore is the greatest striker who ever lived? No

Is he a junior standard striker like some numpty suggested? No

Every striker misses sitters, it just so happens he’s missed 2 in 3 games whilst we’ve needed him the most.

So the wobbly spell continues (big style), this must give McCall, the board and Cameron a rocket up the arse as to this is us in the shits. The wheels have come off completely and we're in free fall.

I'm going to put my neck out on the line here and say we're a one man team, the stats without Shankland don't lie. He's not the only blame for today though, whole team was shite and clearly not up for it, as the whole team as been shite without him for the past few weeks.

I seriously fear for the second half of the season, Dundee United could pump us on Friday night the way things are going.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Did I say Moore is the greatest striker who ever lived? No

Is he a junior standard striker like some numpty suggested? No

Every striker misses sitters, it just so happens he’s missed 2 in 3 games whilst we’ve needed him the most.

D'Jaffo may be right in his defence. That boy did seem to be lacking a lot of confidence. He had four Auchinshite players on him at all times and there was no way he was winning a header with those lanky bustards defending. 

This season could go from our best in a long time to one of the worst... todays result means the goodwill from our overachievement so far will evaporate. The atmosphere at home is going to become more negative.

Its really make or break for us...

Back McCall by signing 2/3 players before the end of the month and challenge for the playoffs. 

Or soldier on and slide down the league, we wont be relegated but it will be a damp squib.

I am utterly depressed. I might need to take next week off work to recover.

Edited by Trogdor

Is Moore one of your relations Djaffo embaressing trying to defend him which you do every week and would still play him in the next game

If Shankland is injured then of course I’d play him in the next game. Who else are you gonna play?

If it’s embarrassing to defend a player from your team these days then ok I’m an embarrassment.

6 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Think team at the moment has got bigger problems than  one missing forward and one out of form one.

Of course we have, we're now playing like last season and we very nearly weren't good enough then, we're going nowhere from now on unless we buck our ideas up big style, I was dreading us turning up and playing that tippytappy turgid pish today, did we actuall go past a man today?

Edited by ayrmad

The lack of goals is heaping the pressure on Shankland. No rumours of anyone coming in and a real lack of depth in the squad. Little chance of changing fortunes unless we strengthen. Need direct wingers with pace and competition for McDaid as he’s not kicked on since his brilliant game v Utd.