The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I'm pretty sure this time last year when Bell was given an 18 month contract a lot of people questioned whether he could play in the championship (me included). Now look how solid he has been this season, certainly stepped up with big Jamie out.

So just believe in McCall, think Doc is beginning to get back into the swing of it and in the highlights of Inverness game he actually looked not too bad. With regards to Ferguson the jury is out on that one, would only be able to really tell if he got a run in the team.

Folk moan when we only give players short contracts now they moan when we give players longer contracts.

If people can’t understand that every team requires squad players that are there to provide back up then they’re even more clueless than I thought they were.

Folk moan when we only give players short contracts now they moan when we give players longer contracts.

If people can’t understand that every team requires squad players that are there to provide back up then they’re even more clueless than I thought they were.
With the way the squad is at the moment I'm pretty sure everyone would have gone mental if we'd released them both so I think we should be glad they've been kept on. At the end of the day you need squad player for moments like we're in just now with injuries. I mean two months ago people would have probably struggled to imagine Docherty and Ferguson being on the bench never mind starting games.

Thanks for clearing that up self appointed fan leader, i'll keep my opinions to myself 

This is a fans forum which means you are perfectly entitled to your opinion and I’m perfectly entitled to call bullshit on it.

It just appears that the latter has been happening more recently.

I'm slightly surprised at the 18 month deals, but happy enough - I doubt either of them have signed on particularly big wages and as both are a good enough standard to have as squad players in their respective positions. 

Probably an unpopular opinion as he is the current scapegoat but i'd put Craig Moore in the same bracket - I'd happily see him signing on again as long as it wasnt as the first choice striker. 

I not against giving him an 18 month contract and I like the fact he can play both RB and CB but why only give him 6 month in the summer I understand Doc as he had to prove fitness but if we are giving him 18 month now why not 2 year in the summer would that not have shown more faith in the boy at the beginning than 6 month deal.

Anybody who comes on here and has a different opinion from everything's wonderful at the club and your straight in critising, I bow to your superior knowledge all things Ayr

Not anybody

Just you and Lochwood

I not against giving him an 18 month contract and I like the fact he can play both RB and CB but why only give him 6 month in the summer I understand Doc as he had to prove fitness but if we are giving him 18 month now why not 2 year in the summer would that not have shown more faith in the boy at the beginning than 6 month deal.

I think we were struggling to find cash at that point and McCall didn’t want to commit to a player that might not be up to it. I’m sure Ferguson was the last of re-signings to be completed along with McDaid.

After we signed Smith I was sure he’d be let go but it seems he’s the 2nd choice right back and Geggan is seen as a wide defensive type midfielder.

I’ll admit I had doubts about Ferguson but he’s done well in both games in Inverness especially the second one considering he hadn’t played for months.

Pleased to see Docherty re-sign.  He’s played well in the games I’ve seen given he has been out for a year.  His injury record is a concern, but he was one of the few successes the last time we were in the championship.  Ferguson is probably a little fortunate given his contract has run out just as we’ve hit a bit of an injury crisis.  Not sure what age he is, but I guess there is still time for him to develop.

Pleased to see Docherty re-sign.  He’s played well in the games I’ve seen given he has been out for a year.  His injury record is a concern, but he was one of the few successes the last time we were in the championship.  Ferguson is probably a little fortunate given his contract has run out just as we’ve hit a bit of an injury crisis.  Not sure what age he is, but I guess there is still time for him to develop.

He’s only 21/22 I think

The players re-signing on 18 month contracts maybe sends out a message to others that you will get a bit of stability here at Ayr.

Being fresh full time now in amongst other established full time clubs means we have a bit if catch up to play.

Players talk.

We are slowly but surely looking, sounding and playing like an established full time club.

Lots more can be done but to do it all within our means is a fabulous achievement in such a short time.

The caveat to all of this is that i will be absolutely gutted and distraught if we don't go up this season.

Being so close that you can almost taste it.

Going to be a sore one if we don't do it.

Not expecting or demanding it, just want it so bad. Hope the squad feels that way too.

Can already visualise the pitch invasion to the tune of "bring on the Killie"!!