The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

18 month for Ferguson to me that makes no sence nothing against the lad but he's can't get in the team in front of Bell and Adams who are converted central defenders from Midfilders he's back up at the moment why give him 18 month now and not just gave him a 2 year deal in June it doesn't make much sence to me

21 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

18 month for Ferguson to me that makes no sence nothing against the lad but he's can't get in the team in front of Bell and Adams who are converted central defenders from Midfilders he's back up at the moment why give him 18 month now and not just gave him a 2 year deal in June it doesn't make much sence to me

Probably because he’s not a centre back.

31 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Continuity.   Its part of the reason we have done so well this season, and so badly in the umpteen seasons before.

9 hours ago, thirdlanarkreborn said:

Big game for Ayr this weekend, hopefully talbot don’t take too many off you, Massive task. All the best from us (me) here at Cathkin arena.

Mon the honest men!

How’s the amateur Saturday leagues going ? You lot not trying to get in the EOS for next season or no enough funds ?

Iam all for that, i'am not overly against either lad who are decent, but I think we should have waited (a,) to see which league were in and (b,0 how they play and will Doc last the pace. In my opinion others are way in front of them and should be targeted for longer deals, don't ever see these 2 being anything other than squad players, surely better out there.

Iam all for that, i'am not overly against either lad who are decent, but I think we should have waited (a,) to see which league were in and (b,0 how they play and will Doc last the pace. In my opinion others are way in front of them and should be targeted for longer deals, don't ever see these 2 being anything other than squad players, surely better out there.

The players who are ahead of Docherty and Ferguson aren’t going to sign new deals right now.

15 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

I think that's the point. 

Just need Moore to be given an extended contract as the future centre forward as the cream on the cake of negativity.

Never  mind Djaffo will be on telling me that would be a good signing like the other two, 18 month contracts come on your having a laugh.

As I said before none out means none in and that says it all about this board of directors.

I'm pretty sure this time last year when Bell was given an 18 month contract a lot of people questioned whether he could play in the championship (me included). Now look how solid he has been this season, certainly stepped up with big Jamie out.

So just believe in McCall, think Doc is beginning to get back into the swing of it and in the highlights of Inverness game he actually looked not too bad. With regards to Ferguson the jury is out on that one, would only be able to really tell if he got a run in the team.

13 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Just need Moore to be given an extended contract as the future centre forward as the cream on the cake of negativity.

Never  mind Djaffo will be on telling me that would be a good signing like the other two, 18 month contracts come on your having a laugh.

As I said before none out means none in and that says it all about this board of directors.

The club is now being well run and is living within its means which is more than can be said for quite a few I could mention.

Remember, spending loads of dosh that you don't have doesn't always guarantee success, just look at the likes of Dunfermline, Falkirk & Partick this season as prime examples of that................

Bell got an 18 month contract coz he was a new signing, he was the captain of Stranraer and was playing every week and on his showings against us playing well, not sure we can say that about Doc or Ferguson, I think people are missing the point here it's not about total change, if you stand still you'll go backwards we need a steady improvement in overall quality, 18 month contracts for 2 players who relatively speaking have done very little in the past year is extremely strange. 

We were in advanced talks with Chris Erskine two days ago which would suggest that there is money there to be spent.

But of course you’re incapable of making a sensible post on here aren’t you?