The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

20 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

Until Ayr can free up some wages through loaning out or moving a couple of players on there will be no new faces brought in during January 

In what world does a Falkirk fan know the ins and outs of Ayr United’s budget?

If anyone knows when and where the team is training on a Friday, that will be your guide if you can get along and watch who is doing Any running etc
anyone know?
As far as I know the weeks split with two days at Somerset and two days at the west of Scotland rugby club in Glasgow, day off is Wednesday. Whether this is still the case or not I don't know as I think they're at Ayr academy quite often.

In the Ayrshire Post that both Ross Docherty and David Ferguson have signed 18 month deals.

Mark Kerr, Jamie Adams and Alan Forrest defo out for Saturday. It’s hope Liam Smith and Lawrence Shankland will be fit. 

Jinky Hilton has returned from his loan spell at Hurlford. 

In the Ayrshire Post that both Ross Docherty and David Ferguson have signed 18 month deals.
Mark Kerr, Jamie Adams and Alan Forrest defo out for Saturday. It’s hope Liam Smith and Lawrence Shankland will be fit. 

Hilton likely to be involved in the rest of the season?

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Surprised at 18 months for Docherty and Ferguson, unless Ferguson is one of the guys who could be going out on loan, if Smith and Shankland ain't 100% for Saturday i'd put them on the bench.

1 minute ago, Mod1967 said:

He would struggle to get in any other team in our league

We can’t exactly get 2 Liam Smiths now can we. I would suggest he’d probably get in Alloas, Morton’s and probably Falkirk. We need squad players, this season and next season and both Docherty and Ferguson fall into that bracket. Look at Rose, everyone wanted rid after the last relegation, hardly played and now one of the best centre backs in the league. There’s a reason we’re not football managers, although some on here like to think they are.

He would struggle to get in any other team in our league

He’s a League 1 defender at the moment but he at least puts the effort in and there’s plenty of room for development there.

Smith is likely to leave in the summer so I’m pleased we’ve got a potential replacement for him.