The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think Smith is our tomorrow because of him signing a pre contract with Dundee Utd.

If he has we can’t do anything about it but the pre contracts aren’t unbreakable.

Hopefully not, it would tie in with McCall's attack on pre contract agreements though as possibly sending a message.

Having said that he's maybe been carrying an injury as I don't think he's been at his best the past few games, it's just a shock to the system with everyone being out at the same time, especially when we've been very lucky up until the past couple of weeks with both injuries and suspensions.

I'm sure I read last week that Smith along with Rose passed a late fitness test for Falkirk game.   Just need to get this game out the way and hopefully take something then have 2 weeks to get everyone fit before D Utd game 

3 hours ago, TheIntenseHummingOfEvil said:

Unconfirmed reports suggest that if we beat Dundee United again then the whole city of Dundee is getting annexed into South Ayrshire.

We've already got White City, why would we want another absolute shitehole.

We're on the brink of a crisis here with injuries, reckon we could have had enough reasoning to try and get that game postponed today due to the lack of players.

Questions have to be asked as to how we've got into this situation with injuries, literally just over a month ago we had like nobody out and now we've got half a squad missing.

Says a lot when Ferguson is having to start at RB just weeks after it was reckoned that he'd be leaving because we didn't need him. Knew the bench would be bad today but didn't expect us to only have three outfield players on it.

Sounds like at least one player will be joining regardless of injuries but if they stay the same then maybe a couple.

Erskine played around 10 minutes for Partick today but I’d still like to think he will sign. Muirhead and Armstrong are the only two other realistic targets that we’ve heard linked.

21 minutes ago, rb123! said:

We're on the brink of a crisis here with injuries, reckon we could have had enough reasoning to try and get that game postponed today due to the lack of players.

Lack of players!! You had 11 like the rest to start and only 1 player less than QoS on the bench and that's qos whole squad without injuries... 

On 09/01/2019 at 22:46, D'Jaffo said:

QoTS fans are the only ones deluded enough to think that Dobbie is the best player in the league.

Ha, ha. I like your posts D’Jaffo and you  are a level headed guy but that post is quality fishing.

We are both biased, but I have little doubt that if things continue as they are, that Dobbie will win Championship player of the year and top scorer too.

Let’s be honest here, Dobbie would be a regular starter and scorer in most teams outside the old firm. 

I am not going to lie, Shankland is right up there too and it will be close come the end of the season However, I can’t see it going any other way than Dobbie. 

I see there are a lot of big clubs sniffing about Shankland and rightly so. Hopefully, for you boys he goes down south and makes a mark like Dobbie did. 

Equally, I hope he loves Ayr the same way as Dobbie loves Queens and returns to you boys when he is still at the peak of his powers.  If he does, he will be a real Ayr Utd legend. 

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Genuinely can't remember the last time I entered this thread and the last comment wasn't by a qos fan

Enjoy it while you can. By May it will probably be Pars fans. ;)

The Dobbie vs Shankland debate is incredibly tiresome as they are two completely different players. Scoring goals is just about the only thing they have in common. That and they are head and shoulders above anyone else in this league.

The only reason I wouldn’t jump at the chance to take Dobbie is we are set up to feed Shankland and get him goals (sometimes too often imo) so introducing another unstoppable force may affect the team for the worse.

To Ayr fans Shankland will always be better and to QoTS fans Dobbie will be better. That’s just how football works.

In terms of end of season awards I’d be quite happy if Dobbie won player of the year as there’s a fair chance Shankland could be holding the real prize come the end of the season. Long way to go before then though.