The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

23 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Looking at details on the net, Muirhead did indeed come through our youth team and it looks like McCall signed him for Thistle.

He joined Falkirk along with Mark Kerr and as for his ankle, he did break it but resumed training at the end of November.

Jackie Mcnamara signed Aero, Mcall was away from Partick 2011.

4 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Jackie Mcnamara signed Aero, Mcall was away from Partick 2011.

Cheers, wasn't sure but thought it might have been McCall.

14 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Kyle  Centre is a fucking grim place.

I always remember Brian ‘Bizzy Bizzy Bumble Bee’ Bilisland selling jeans in a store, think it was Jean Division in the Kyle centre. Sold jeans during the week and ran round like a daffy in an Ayr shirt at the weekend lol. 

Someone on SRE saying Rose is away to Sunderland! I don’t believe anything on there so thought I’d ask here

Literally just read the Ayrshire Post and McCall has said Smith, Rose and Shankland are all attracting loads of interest but Cameron has assured him they’re not going anywhere.

Maybe a pre-contract though.

Edit: I’ve just the post and it’s bullshit. The guy has history for posting rumours to try and wind folk up. It’s works 100% of the time on that page.

I always remember Brian ‘Bizzy Bizzy Bumble Bee’ Bilisland selling jeans in a store, think it was Jean Division in the Kyle centre. Sold jeans during the week and ran round like a daffy in an Ayr shirt at the weekend lol. 
D2?

18 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Kyle Centre but was it not Jeanster ?

Maybe, sounds familiar. 

ETA. Keeping this part of the thread going to detract from looking at some of the ‘transfers Oot’ nonsense. 

Edited by Waniche

15 minutes ago, Waniche said:

Maybe, sounds familiar. 

ETA. Keeping this part of the thread going to detract from looking at some of the ‘transfers Oot’ nonsense. 

Good idea !!

1 minute ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

OK Waniche  we could extrapolate to...           First ever pint bought:    ......in Ayr.

In the ' The Plough Inn '

89pence

Tennants 70 Shilling

You Sir, are a legend.....

Geordies Byre, £1.45 and I was 15. 

2 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

OK Waniche  we could extrapolate to...           First ever pint bought:    ......in Ayr.

89pence

Tennants 70 Shilling

Probably Rabbies for me and also a pint of 70 bob I think or maybe Tartan.

I used to have this strange idea that you wouldn't get asked for ID if drinking heavy but Lager would be a dead giveaway of being under age.

Anyway, I managed to get hold of a decent Barr Thompson fake ID that worked most places, if I remember right I think I was supposed to be a carpet fitter..........

89pence
Tennants 70 Shilling
Aye but you used to get entry to the pictures and a mix up for a jeely jar DAAS.

36 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Probably Rabbies for me and also a pint of 70 bob I think or maybe Tartan.

I used to have this strange idea that you wouldn't get asked for ID if drinking heavy but Lager would be a dead giveaway of being under age.

Anyway, I managed to get hold of a decent Barr Thompson fake ID that worked most places, if I remember right I think I was supposed to be a carpet fitter..........

Probably get shot down in flames for this but you could have good night in Rabbie’s. However, some of the female clientele at times you could have caught Rabies or worse. 

Back to fitba.

One thing about our team just now is we have a good nucleus, young inspiring players, surrounded by good experienced professionals and a red hot talisman. If and only if Shankland was to go for a few hundred grand, I as a supporter would like to see current players signed for next season. We’re almost guaranteed championship football next season and maybe even one step further. It’s imperative to keep the stay away fans back putting money through the turnstile and that will show intent and establishment. 

Do I think Shankland will go? No. Why? He’s paying us back for showing faith in him. Would he have been this great if we’d have got him on loan last time we were in this league? Who knows? 

Sometimes some Ayr fans need a reality check. We are 2nd in the league with a game on hand. Granted there are a few bumps but I’d rather be sitting here as an Ayr supporter than on an away day to Forfar staring into the abyss that is league 2......remember that????

Edited by Waniche