The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

27 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
2 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:
Bring back bmg or whatever it was called.anyone remember it ?

Bring back the Rangers store.

Are all the Finnies shops closed ?

I remember when we used to travel by train to the games we'd stop in at Our Price, John Menzies, Woolworths and go for a wander around the Finnies in Newmarket street and the one on the high street, not to mention a wee "puggy blast" in the Bobby Jones.

We could of course add C&A, Littlewoods, BHS & the Scotch Corner toy shop to the ta ta bella list.

Changed days indeed..........

26 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Are all the Finnies shops closed ?

I remember when we used to travel by train to the games we'd stop in at Our Price, John Menzies, Woolworths and go for a wander around the Finnies in Newmarket street and the one on the high street, not to mention a wee "puggy blast" in the Bobby Jones.

We could of course add C&A, Littlewoods, BHS & the Scotch Corner toy shop to the ta ta bella list.

Changed days indeed..........

Yeah finnies is away. 

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Only sports shops left are JD at the shopping  centre and Sports Direct at the top of the town  I think, and a  couple of hiking shops. Surprised the Odeon is  still kicking about, but that'll be next to go no doubt.

Was talk of turning the kyle center into some kind of cinema restaurants type place .so it must be due too shut .

Just now, 1nickydevlin said:

Was talk of turning the kyle center into some kind of cinema restaurants type place .so it must be due too shut .

I've not been down the high street for years but it sounds pretty grim.

Just now, Honestmen said:

All the towns are in a bad way, what's happening with old Woolworths site as it seems at a standstill?

County buildings were supposed to go there but  they've mucked it up with the cost, design  and I think it got rejected when it went up for vote. They'd be as well as turning it into a mini garden with a coffee shop because the view from their is quite good.

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

County buildings were supposed to go there but  they've mucked it up with the cost, design  and I think it got rejected when it went up for vote. They'd be as well as turning it into a mini garden with a coffee shop because the view from their is quite good.

That is actually a cracking idea.

I used to love Ayr town centre but like a lot of town centres it has gone right down the shitter in the past decade or so, which is a terrible shame.

14 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I'm sure the plans for that were approved over Brian Gilmours plans to build a complex and stadium at Heathfield. Then the company couldn't get a client to run the cinema or half the restaurants. 

Ayr have passed on some photo's of the squad for next weeks match programme. Could somebody give me some information on Daniel Harvey for the pen pictures. Cheers.

Left back, played Under 21s for Scotland, ex Aberdeen. Not really sure if there’s anything else of note on him. Had a loan spell at Dumbarton a couple of years ago where he scored his first ever senior goal against us in a 4-4 draw.

Ayr have passed on some photo's of the squad for next weeks match programme. Could somebody give me some information on Daniel Harvey for the pen pictures. Cheers.
20 year old Scotland under 21 international attacking left back, played at the toulon tournament in the summer, signed from Aberdeen after refusing a new deal as he wanted first team football played on loan in the championship for Dumbarton in 16/17, hope that helps

Anybody remember Mardi's which would have been across from Argos I think its a tearoom now. It was where you got your stay-press, tartan argyles, white skinners, cheese cloth shirt and college jumpers back in the day or am I too old.