The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Well since you asked...

Outs: 

David Ferguson

Ross Docherty (personally think mccall will keep him)

Craig McGuffie (Loan)

In: 

Centre Back

Winger- Joe Cardle perhaps? 

Not a chance i'd be sending out McGuffie on loan and bringing in a replacment - that just seems bizarre. 

I think we’ll sign a centre back but I’ve no idea who’s even available. Ideally you don’t want to be signing guys that have been sitting around since the summer as it’ll take time to get them up to speed.

I’d expect there will be departures from teams in the Championship or above and we can pick a couple up.

If McGuffie isn’t going to be playing then I would loan him out but I wouldn’t then sign another winger to take his place. If he’s not getting regular playing time send him to a League 1 team even if it’s only for a couple of months.

IF there is any spare cash knocking about, we should be looking to secure some important players on longer contracts: Bell, Geggan, Moffat.

IMO they ( and others ) are critical whilst Ayr United continue to produce our own talent, and supplement the team by allowing young Scottish U21s a chance to kick on their development. Shankland, McKenna Doohan, Harvie and Smith were all Internationals before signing.

There are also Broject Brave MPOs available for this type of strategy, that enhances our grading and maybe opens up potential funding.

What about Cammy Smith in January, out of favour with St Mirren, championship team of the year last season. 

He’s a number 10/second striker type isn’t he? Would be a stand out in league but is he a player we need?

I'm not sure what we need tbh... :blink: We've been performing so well and the squad has held up so far. 

I have faith in the gaffer though, jobby will know what to do!!!

As others have mentioned I'd like us to try and tie down some of our better players. However, I think they will want to wait to see what division we are in.

23 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Can Joe Cardle play on the right? Would maybe stop wasting the talent of Crawford, who IMO is a central midfield player, if Ayr had a Right winger. 

Mcdaid on left, Cardle on Right, Crawford & Murdoch in centre. 

Nah, out and out left winger.

Cammy Smith was outstanding last year, would be a great signing for anyone in this division, in your team though he'd be best suited to role Moffat currently occupies.